Those concerned about privacy. Yes you have spyware called Carrier IQ installed in your Note 5...

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
All AT&T Note 5's and most of AT&T's other Android devices contain a spyware program called Carrier IQ which logs and sends AT&T every keystroke you do including messages, mail, purchases etc...This program may also exist in Verizon and Sprint devices.

I have attached a screen shot of the process running in Application Manager>Running>Android System
You cannot disable or uninstall the program, you can select stop but it will override your input and reactivate within minutes. Over and above the privacy issues and legalities Carrier IQ drains your battery.

Also I have attached two links to class action suits:

Manufacturers Settle Class-Action Over Carrier IQ's 'Spyware' 06/26/2015

CarrierIQ Opts For Class-Action Lawsuit Settlement Over Mobile Software | Androidheadlines.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 11.02.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 11.02.24 PM.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 747

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Wow that sucks

Yes it does.
I have returned the phone. Looking for the N920i international version in a 64GB. There is one seller online but I'm not about to get sucker punched for $1200... Using my iPhone at the moment......Which almost sucks just as bad LOL

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Carrier IQ is old news from years back. If you never heard of it then you must be new to Android.

AT&T has been using that crap for awhile now.

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't see either service running anywhere on my AT&T N5

Definitely in your AT&T Note 5...
Go to: Settings>Application Manager>Running. Look down at "Android System". There might be two "Android System" processes running so open both and look for "Agent IQ Service". You can select "Stop" but it will reactivate within minutes by itself.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Definitely in your AT&T Note 5...
Go to: Settings>Application Manager>Running. Look down at "Android System". There might be two "Android System" processes running so open both and look for "Agent IQ Service". You can select "Stop" but it will reactivate within minutes by itself.

Ah, thanks...found the second Android System. I stopped the IQ service 5 mins ago and it still hasn't started back up. I'll check later.

I'm surprised/shocked that this isn't a bigger/well known issue. Thanks!!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Weird...

Before you posted this, I had found the process running on my device, as described by the OP, as to where it would be in "running processes." I stopped the service and kept checking and didn't see it pop up. 30 minute span of time, till I got this, and checked....and it said,"your device does not have Carrier IQ!?" How could it be there, but not this app says its not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith