Galaxy Note 5 hands free voice text with Car Built in Bluetooth how does it work?

KeninWA

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I have Windows Phone 8.1.. Just found out the new Phones are not coming out on Verizon. So am looking to upgrade my phone and move to Galaxy Note 5 (or edge 6)

Does the Voice system Google or S-Voice break into ANY car audio to read texts and ask for responses?

The Windows Phone treats Cortana like an incoming call when tied to the Car. So even if I am listening to XM or FM radio or even the ipod plugged into the USB. My phone breaks into audio "Screen says Call from Cortana 555-5555. And says "You just got a text from NAME: Read or ignore. Then I can reply with voice.. never once touching a button. I use this many times a day.

Can someone confirm that there is a way to do this on the Galaxy Note 5? This question is keeping me from getting the phone right now.

Thanks!!!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It works like this on my new Chevrolet Silverado once my phone is paired with it. It reads it out loud and also has the information on both screens of the truck.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't do this. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My 2013 Equinox does not do this, either.

From what I read previously, Chevy had not yet come to a safety agreement regarding sending/receiving texts.

That may have changed over the past couple of years.

ramiss

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It works like this on my new Chevrolet Silverado once my phone is paired with it. It reads it out loud and also has the information on both screens of the truck.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5
Really? My car doesn't do this and I can't see how this has to do with the type of car. ...either the phone rings or it doesn't.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

KeninWA

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
update: I ended up with a Note Edge.. hard to find.. but love it except the CAR voice texting is not close to as good as Widows phone. Samsung Ca mode comes close... But still need to be on Blue tooth audio and it keeps me from my critical traffic apps. IF it had just 2 user tiles I would be happy. Ended up with Dash droid and OK google but OK google doesn't proof read the outgoing text, it wants me to read off the screen. Sigh.. Love features, love the apps HATE the in care voice texting.. options so far.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
In my Ford Escape I receive text messages via MyFordsync. But, if I perform a voice search via Google search, it will 'listen' via my device versus via my cars MyFordsync...

PuckCowboy

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
update: I ended up with a Note Edge.. hard to find.. but love it except the CAR voice texting is not close to as good as Widows phone. Samsung Ca mode comes close... But still need to be on Blue tooth audio and it keeps me from my critical traffic apps. IF it had just 2 user tiles I would be happy. Ended up with Dash droid and OK google but OK google doesn't proof read the outgoing text, it wants me to read off the screen. Sigh.. Love features, love the apps HATE the in care voice texting.. options so far.

Hey there KeninWA,

Were you able to figure out any other solutions to make in-car voice texting and Cortana use in general better with your Note? I'm on the fence of giving Android a go, but this feature is a must for me and don;t want to switch for anything half-baked or doesn't work most of the time. I have an Android I use as a backup found and haven;t been able to find anything that works half as well either.

Any and all info is truly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Chris Bardon

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat-did you guys manage to find anything? As bad as some of the speech rec was in a noisy car, Cortana was still way more functional than what I have set up now, which is nothing...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax