From Verizon Note 5 to an AT&T Note 5

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon Note 5 for work and just recently got an AT&T Note 5 for personal use, and find there are some differences.

1) I like the sounds / ringtones on the Verizon model better.
2) I like the settings menu that scrolls vertically on the Verizon model, I hate the AT&T side scrolling settings menu. (Anyway to change?)
3) The AT&T version seems to get a little bit warm when using. Hadn't noticed that on the Verizon Note 5. (worries me a little)
4) AT&T Note has way more bloat than the Verizon.
5) Probably my imagination, but the Verizon Note seems snappier than the AT&T Note.
6) AT&T has Samsung Pay. Just set it up and ordered my free wireless charging pad.

Those are just a few purely personal observations between the two. Does anyone else's AT&T Note 5 get a little warm when using? I'm not saying hot, just warm. My Verizon Note 5 hardly changes temp at all.

I can't wait to use Samsung Pay and try it out. I've read the articles that say Verizon will get it. But who knows when. Plus I wanted my free wireless charger. I had to get it done before the deadline.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a Verizon Note 5 for work and just recently got an AT&T Note 5 for personal use, and find there are some differences.

1) I like the sounds / ringtones on the Verizon model better.
2) I like the settings menu that scrolls vertically on the Verizon model, I hate the AT&T side scrolling settings menu. (Anyway to change?)
3) The AT&T version seems to get a little bit warm when using. Hadn't noticed that on the Verizon Note 5. (worries me a little)
4) AT&T Note has way more bloat than the Verizon.
5) Probably my imagination, but the Verizon Note seems snappier than the AT&T Note.
6) AT&T has Samsung Pay. Just set it up and ordered my free wireless charging pad.

Those are just a few purely personal observations between the two. Does anyone else's AT&T Note 5 get a little warm when using? I'm not saying hot, just warm. My Verizon Note 5 hardly changes temp at all.

I can't wait to use Samsung Pay and try it out. I've read the articles that say Verizon will get it. But who knows when. Plus I wanted my free wireless charger. I had to get it done before the deadline.

Nope never got warm as you speak on my AT&T Note 5

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Att is notorious for bloatware. As far as sounds, you can download any other carriers ringtones. I have apple and blackberry tones on mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I went and exchanged mine this morning to be on the safe side.

Also one other thing I noticed which was different. If the phone is off, and you plug it in, on the Verizon Note 5 you will tell you that it's fast charging, and how much longer it will take to be at full charge.

On the AT&T Note, all it shows is the percent, and a lightening bolt. I like that the Verizon one gives you more info on the charging.

I can understand that different carriers might want to change a few things, but why change simple things like that?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I went and exchanged mine this morning to be on the safe side.

Also one other thing I noticed which was different. If the phone is off, and you plug it in, on the Verizon Note 5 you will tell you that it's fast charging, and how much longer it will take to be at full charge.

On the AT&T Note, all it shows is the percent, and a lightening bolt. I like that the Verizon one gives you more info on the charging.

I can understand that different carriers might want to change a few things, but why change simple things like that?

You're getting some janky ATT phones or something. Mine doesn't get hot and shows the amount of time to get to 100.

At&t Note5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles