I Just Couldn't Decide...

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
What is wrong with apple pay?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ummm... I don't carry my wallet any longer thanks to Samsung pay. I would have to carry my credit card if I had an iPhone because apple pay is accepted only at 10%of the stores.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Ummm... I don't carry my wallet any longer thanks to Samsung pay. I would have to carry my credit card if I had an iPhone because apple pay is accepted only at 10%of the stores.

I can't wait to be able to do this. As soon as Chase Bank is compatible with Samsung Pay, I'm all over it.

Note in my house!

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting because I can think of a number of places where Samsung pay will not work. Ie: convenient stores, restaraunts, cafeterias, gas pumps etc. I'm not going to hand over my $800+ phone for them to hold over the card swipe terminal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting because I can think of a number of places where Samsung pay will not work. Ie: convenient stores, restaraunts, cafeterias, gas pumps etc. I'm not going to hand over my $800+ phone for them to hold over the card swipe terminal.

It works everywhere I go. Convenience stores, restaurants, and gas stations. I prepay for gas.
I have no problem handing my phone to the cashier in my sight although I don't have to do that often. At 7 11 stores the card machines are on the counter accessible to the customers.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
how do you use iMessage with people who don't have iPhones?

You can't. iPhones automatically default to regular SMS when you text someone who is not using an Apple device. Probably about 99% of the people I communicate with regularly all use iPhones, so I rarely end up using regular SMS.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
It works everywhere I go. Convenience stores, restaurants, and gas stations. I prepay for gas.
I have no problem handing my phone to the cashier in my sight although I don't have to do that often. At 7 11 stores the card machines are on the counter accessible to the customers.
Well I'mnot worried about theft. more about then dropping it..

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what it is about iPhones. i always look at the latest iPhones before purchasing my Galaxy Note phones.(2, 3,4, and now 5)

It's strange because I have two iPads, 1 Macbook Pro, 1 Macbook Air, and two iMacs at home. In addition, each of my three TVs has the Apple TV connected to it. There are no longer any Windows computers in my home. (not counting the dual-book Macbook Air) At work, I also use the Mac Pro.

People just assume that I also use the iPhone. I've never bought any iPhones. They always look surprised when I pull out my big Galaxy Note phones. I'm really not sure what's wrong with me. :(

Your a smart person who makes decisions based on the best device for each specific need. Nothings wrong with that!

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
You can't. You'll need to use SMS, MMS, or some other chat app.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk
Not entirely true. It will take SMS and send them to multiple devices as well. That is probably the number one feature it has going for it in my mind. Of course as with anything Apple, it only works with other Apple products. I wish hangouts would take over my number and work seamlessly on both Android and ios.

Through me in the ring as a confused iPhone user wondering if I can make a go at it with the Note. I have owned many Android phones through the years but always seem to fall back to Apple. Something about this phone is really making me reconsider.

I am keeping a close eye on AT&T's one number plan coming out this month. It could be the answer for those of us who can never make up our mind.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Not entirely true. It will take SMS and send them to multiple devices as well. That is probably the number one feature it has going for it in my mind. Of course as with anything Apple, it only works with other Apple products. I wish hangouts would take over my number and work seamlessly on both Android and ios.

Through me in the ring as a confused iPhone user wondering if I can make a go at it with the Note. I have owned many Android phones through the years but always seem to fall back to Apple. Something about this phone is really making me reconsider.

I am keeping a close eye on AT&T's one number plan coming out this month. It could be the answer for those of us who can never make up our mind.

I was thinking about the one number plan too. I hope Verizon rolls out something similar. I might give it another go.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been switching back and forth from apple to android over the last few years.
I now have the iPhone 6 and Note 5. I just switched to gmail calendar, contacts, etc. side sync does the rest.
I work for apple, and love iOS, but its so damn boring. no customization, other than the wallpaper and number of apps on the home screen.
no widgets: i love quick info. google now is as good as siri and most of the time better.

I like the way iOS handles videos on FB etc. but the note 5 is incredible. I am keeping both. both are active on the same plan.
but the iPhone collects a Lot of dust. I use the Note 5 99.999% of the time. Best device ever made. Not giving up my Note 5 for iOS.
If i could not have Both. I would still chose the Note over the iPhone.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have been switching back and forth from apple to android over the last few years.
I now have the iPhone 6 and Note 5. I just switched to gmail calendar, contacts, etc. side sync does the rest.
I work for apple, and love iOS, but its so damn boring. no customization, other than the wallpaper and number of apps on the home screen.
no widgets: i love quick info. google now is as good as siri and most of the time better.

I like the way iOS handles videos on FB etc. but the note 5 is incredible. I am keeping both. both are active on the same plan.
but the iPhone collects a Lot of dust. I use the Note 5 99.999% of the time. Best device ever made. Not giving up my Note 5 for iOS.
If i could not have Both. I would still chose the Note over the iPhone.

I've always said that when I'm buying a Note I'm buying the best smartphone. When I'm buying the iPhone, I'm getting the best ecosystem. This time, I went with the best smartphone.

Note in my house!

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I went and swapped my Note 5 for an iPhone yesterday just for the sake of trying something new! 7 hours later I was back at T-Mobile getting my Galaxy back... I don't know how iPhone users do it. There seemed to be a complete lack of customization or options! Lesson learned...

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I went and swapped my Note 5 for an iPhone yesterday just for the sake of trying something new! 7 hours later I was back at T-Mobile getting my Galaxy back... I don't know how iPhone users do it. There seemed to be a complete lack of customization or options! Lesson learned...

iPhones do not let you customize.... unless you're talking about the hundreds of fabulous phone cases that you can get.

such as these.... they are never available for Samsung flagship phone... only iPhones. :(

RetroGameCasesComingSoonA.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uEp0kRek2QA

or here: (first one is Boobs iPhone case, probably NSFW, so click at your own risk)
NSFW(probably): http://odditymall.com/blog/top-10-weirdest-iphone-cases

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
iPhones do not let you customize.... unless you're talking about the hundreds of fabulous phone cases that you can get.

such as these.... they are never available for Samsung flagship phone... only iPhones. :(
That's pretty cool. I might get one as an conversation piece.
View attachment 202379

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uEp0kRek2QA

or here: (first one is Boobs iPhone case, probably NSFW, so click at your own risk)
NSFW(probably): Top 10 Weirdest iPhone Cases

that's pretty cool! I might get one as a conversation piece.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

You lasted a whole 7 hours huh? LOL

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree to a point but when I'm paying $840 for a phone I expect everything to be optimized out of the box. That's the strong point of iPhone. The premium price paid someone else to work at optimizing the device.

Not when you are wanting a phone that gives you control, which is what Android is. Everyone uses their phones in a different way, that is why Android can't be optimized for everyone out of box.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463