I bought a Note 5 today and I can't get passed the Google acct lock screen, how do I bypass it?

shawn5106

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
i bought a note 5 today andi cant get passed the google acct lock screen how do i bypass it?

i bought this phone its not stolen they did a hard reset but didnt remove to accounts first and now i cant get passed the google acct lock how do i get around it ive tried to contact them i did all the tricks i seen on here to no evail please someone help

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: i bought a note 5 today andi cant get passed the google acct lock screen how do i bypass it?

It might be a software issue, since you just got it. I suggest you return it and get another one. All the carriers give you like 2 weeks (14 days) to decide if you keep the phone or not.

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: i bought a note 5 today andi cant get passed the google acct lock screen how do i bypass it?

He can't return it, it was brought used. Not sure what you can do besides keep trying to contact the previous owner.

Posted via the Android Central App

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

There nothing you can do, unless whoever was logged into Gmail logs in or goes online and removes the phone. This is Google version of icloud lock, similar to when iphones are reset without having the apple ID deleted first.

sent using my Galaxy Note 5 via The Uncarrier

alejovh1

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

is it was set to factory reset, there should be no google account lock period, only the activation screen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As others have said you need the Google account to unlock the phone. You would have to get into contact with the seller.

is it was set to factory reset, there should be no google account lock period, only the activation screen.

Incorrect. After a factory reset the phone retains the last Google account on the phone -- it must be logged into before going to the activation screen. This is a way to prevent thieves from stealing a phone, wiping it, and using it. (This isn't the case here but .. still .. that is what it is for).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet