A few questions regarding S Pen, can I get some help?

ertdertd

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
A few questions regarding spen

What does the end of the s pen do? I tried clicking it and moving it around doesn't seem to do anything at all lol.

For off-screen memo, is there a way to save it in the state it was drawn? (black/white chalkboard style) Or at least converting it back to that style after viewing it on the S-note? I really love this function and it is kind of sad to not be able to save it in the color I wrote it in. Also, is it possible to edit s-note's notes in the same view as when we're doing off-screen memo.

Lastly, how do you take care of your Note 5? I already have a case on and clean it every night before bed, but any addition advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you in advance, I would be really grateful for any helpful/relevant responses :D

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: A few questions regarding spen

What does the end of the s pen do? I tried clicking it and moving it around doesn't seem to do anything at all lol.

For off-screen memo, is there a way to save it in the state it was drawn? (black/white chalkboard style) Or at least converting it back to that style after viewing it on the S-note? I really love this function and it is kind of sad to not be able to save it in the color I wrote it in. Also, is it possible to edit s-note's notes in the same view as when we're doing off-screen memo.

Lastly, how do you take care of your Note 5? I already have a case on and clean it every night before bed, but any addition advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you in advance, I would be really grateful for any helpful/relevant responses :D

The end clicky thing is just for removal. Nothing else.

Doesn't look like there's a black background. Just pastel sticky note colors. I chose one close to blue.

I think the screen off note is just for quick notes. I have so many it would take time to find which one I wanted and that's an on screen function.

The only thing I'd suggest for phone care is a screen protector. You didn't mention it, so I'll add that. Otherwise you're doing great.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site

For removal only... Almost. Actually, I think that was a brilliant design. If you are the kind of person that loves the 'click' of a pen like I do (annoying to many I know) then you will feel right at home with the s pen. Some engineers were really thinking outside the box on this one. It may seem like a small detail (lol, and is I reckon) but it really reinforces the concept of it being a 'pen' and not just a stylus. I'm pretty old school and just loves pens. Maybe they did it for us old farts! Again, just my opinion. Not sure if I'm right but I love the design!

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The reason you are unable to save a copy of the background/(black + white) note is because, when you remove the sPen, it only allows you to create a note with the screen off, effectively, it is a translucent background, with a white tracing, to allow for easier visibility. But when it is saved, it is saved to the standard background color of your choice in SNotes with usually a black pen color.

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

For keeping the black background/white ink effect, follow these steps:

1. After saving your off screen action memo, open the memo.
2. Go to the "more" menu in the right hand corner.
3. Click on "Edit as S Note File".
4. Then in S Note, click on the "more" menu and then background settings.
5. Change your background color to black.
6. Change your pen color to white. After changing background color, you can see your writing, but faintly.
7. Trace over your writing and save.

This is the only way I have found to keep it that style. I hope it helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm