Note 5 Features

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Let's make a list of Note 5 features that new owners may not know about.

This isn't a new one to the Note 5, but I have found it useful. Sometimes people want to see pictures of the family and to prevent scrolling through photos that no one should see, I can hide them in a private folder. Unless I fingerprint unlock it, those photos are safely concealed.

sassypants2

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Google Location Based Cards (like a pop-up Google designed for you) - show you the weather where you live/work ... where you parked ... sports scores ... current stories you are interested in ... and more, depending on your preferences.

Sent with love from my Galaxy Note 5 ... 💋

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Let's make a list of Note 5 features that new owners may not know about.

This isn't a new one to the Note 5, but I have found it useful. Sometimes people want to see pictures of the family and to prevent scrolling through photos that no one should see, I can hide them in a private folder. Unless I fingerprint unlock it, those photos are safely concealed.

How do make a private folder and schedule a restart?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
How do make a private folder and schedule a restart?
Auto restart depends on what version of the Note 5 you have. The unlocked version allows you to auto restart from the backup and restore menu.

For private folders, just toggle your phone to private mode. Then you can put your pictures, videos, and documents in private folders. Once you turn private mode off, everything is hidden.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
One of my favorites widgets from the Note 4 is back and it looks like it received some refinement. The My Places widget allows you to create location based apps on your home screen and adjust user profile. For example, when I get into my car, I connect my Bluetooth and it automatically changes to my car settings with my car apps displayed. When I get to work, it automatically identifies my location through the GPS and turns on my WiFi to connect to my job's network, my volume is reduced to vibrate, and my work apps appear. When I'm at home it auto connects to my home wifi and I see the apps that I want to use at home.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Actually just found I do have it on Verizon...neat. Though I barely ever use location unless I'm navigating.

Posted via the Android Central App

Where did you find it? Also, do you have an International phone or is it a Verizon phone?
According to Samsung - "Note: Screens and settings available may vary by wireless service provider and software version.". (how to, use, My Places, widget, location, places, recognize, shortcuts, home, work, out, customize, Galaxy Note 5,SM-N9208)

EDIT...
I think I have the answer - My Places widget seems to be linked to Touchwiz. It doesn't appear to be available with Nova, which I use.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine is a Verizon model. Probably correct about not having it in Nova. I found it in Touchwiz in the widget drawer, I originally had it disabled via Package Disabler Pro, doh!
But like I said I hardly ever use location unless I'm navigating, but good to know the option is there and wasn't one of the things to add to the list of ways Verizon strips the phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888