Can S voice be used to figure out what song is playing on the radio

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Can S Voice be used to figure out what song is being played on the radio? I thought you could but I can't figure out on the Note 5

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok could I use the google search widget to accomplish this? just trying to figure out how to quickly get a song sometimes shazam has pop up ads that slows it up

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I use google search. Once it starts listening and detects music a small icon with notes appears. Click that and you're on your way.

metropolitim

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Google Now can do it, and there's a Google widget that can do it (I think the one for Google Play) but neither is especially fast or powerful. I went through a time where I was evaluating Google, SoundHound, and Shazam at the same time. Same song, hit the button, go. By far the winner, time after time, no matter what, was SoundHound.

I also like that in SoundHound there's Spotify integration so you can go right to the album, the artist, etc. It also displays scrolling lyrics to go along as the song plays! My favorite SoundHound feature is one of the goofiest, but very practical: location tagging. Trying to remember a song later, you might only remember that you heard it at the gym, or the grocery store, or whatever. So you can look it up that way later!

There's a widget that's not just for the app. It's a separate, specific widget that's just to identify a song that's playing at the moment. I don't remember its exact name, but when you're installing it, make sure that THAT's the widget you're installing, rather than the one that's for the full app.

Posted via the Android Central App