How to stream from a Galaxy Note 5 to smart TV without using internet.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
msndrstood - this is exactly what I want to do. Use the phone displaying on the screen to mirror to the tv using the cellphone data. The location for my use has no WIFI access point. Unlimited data on the cellphone so perfect. A bit confused is the device the Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub? http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-All-S...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5195395 as shown here?

Want a device which just plugs in then go to Display - Mirror Screen to the device I believe is how the menu options are. I do not want to use the phone as a hotspot (the hotspot is limited) but streaming to the screen is unlimited and this is what I want to mirror. Many folks have trouble understanding this use.

Thanks for the help. Dan
Yes, indeed that is the one that I have. If you get it and there are any issues PM me. The first pairing might take like 30 seconds but after that it's less that 10 seconds to connect. I leave mine plugged into the TV all the time and just switch the source on the TV when I want to stream to the TV. I think you'll like it. 😊

kennylow

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I would just like to jump in here. I am new to this forum and have spent the last 2 days going crazy with my new Actiontec Screenbeam Mini 2. I bought one at Best Buy and connected it to my TV. Fired it up and fired up my Samsung S5 phone. I used Screen Mirror from Settings and my Mini was displayed on the phone. Tapped to connect, connection started, and then failed. Tried may times, took Mini back and got new one. Same problem. Contacted Actiontec via email. Reply said to try Smart View. That function is not available on S5. Replied, he then said use Quick Connect. Mini shows up again in Quick Connect, starts to connect and then fails. Replied to rep again, he said he talked with Samsung engineer who said they are aware of problem, but did not tell me what they were doing about it. Next took phone & Mini to T-Mobile. They took phone back to factory settings, but it still would not connect. Their S6 & S7 phones worked fine. I have an IRULU tablet with old version of Android--it works fine with the Mini, but is not 4g which is the whole reason for having your phone able to be mirrored on your TV (Netflix free data with T-Mobile). Called Samsung myself and rep said, must be software problem either with Actiontec or Android. Said they only do hardware and not S/W---could not help. Someone in this forum talked about clearing cache and that fixed problem--I did that and nothing changed.

I am ready to take the Mini back and try the above-mentioned Samsung device, but only if someone can tell me they had success using it with an S5 phone.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

jinjermc

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
2018 response:
For those finding this thread now: in order to use the built in Mira Cast technology (no internet use or wifi hot spot use of your phone) native to Android phones to wirelessly stream whatever is happening on your phone directly to your tv, you need a Mira Cast dongle/connected. Looks a lot like a fat flash drive, and utilizes both the HDMI port and USB port on you TV to receive the signal from your phone. No software of any kind need be downloaded to make it work.
You can get a wired set up to do the job, however your phone battery will drain despite being plugged in and charging while watching movies. You might also discover that it doesn't work because of the number of pins in the mini HDMI connector end that goes into your phone isn't the same as what the phone has. Or that you must take your otter box off the phone because the connector housing is simply too fat.
I bought a refurbished Belkin Mira Cast adapter dongle for my Vizio flat screen in my RV. I frequently end up in places where internet is not an option outside of my cell phone. Our DVD collection is 2000 and growing, but there are still videos I do not want to own (power rangers, 25 years worth for starters) As we watch an average of 400gb of media per month, hot spot is not an option. (Yes, 400. It is always playing something.) I needed a non-wifi option, and Chromecast requires Wifi to work, while Mira Cast is simply bluetoothing the audio and video to the receiver.
We consistently use this with a Note2 phone, but also works great with the Note8. The TV is 8 years old. You can understand that the devices is compatible with old and newer devices. The latest Smart Tv's wouldn't need the dongle, but my Vizio is a Dino lol!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
2018 response:
For those finding this thread now: in order to use the built in Mira Cast technology (no internet use or wifi hot spot use of your phone) native to Android phones to wirelessly stream whatever is happening on your phone directly to your tv, you need a Mira Cast dongle/connected. Looks a lot like a fat flash drive, and utilizes both the HDMI port and USB port on you TV to receive the signal from your phone. No software of any kind need be downloaded to make it work.
You can get a wired set up to do the job, however your phone battery will drain despite being plugged in and charging while watching movies. You might also discover that it doesn't work because of the number of pins in the mini HDMI connector end that goes into your phone isn't the same as what the phone has. Or that you must take your otter box off the phone because the connector housing is simply too fat.
I bought a refurbished Belkin Mira Cast adapter dongle for my Vizio flat screen in my RV. I frequently end up in places where internet is not an option outside of my cell phone. Our DVD collection is 2000 and growing, but there are still videos I do not want to own (power rangers, 25 years worth for starters) As we watch an average of 400gb of media per month, hot spot is not an option. (Yes, 400. It is always playing something.) I needed a non-wifi option, and Chromecast requires Wifi to work, while Mira Cast is simply bluetoothing the audio and video to the receiver.
We consistently use this with a Note2 phone, but also works great with the Note8. The TV is 8 years old. You can understand that the devices is compatible with old and newer devices. The latest Smart Tv's wouldn't need the dongle, but my Vizio is a Dino lol!
Isn't there a way to directly connect through wifi for Chromecast?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12