Does SVoice work on Note 5??? (I can't open/access/show ANY contacts at all using SVoice)

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got a Note 5...

Can any of you with a Note 5 get SVoice to show/open/interact with any of your contacts???

I was toying with SVoice and I can't get it to open ANY contacts. It'll do a google search for me. It'll "open my contacts"...but I can't show any contact or access or message any contact. It says "I could not find any names in your contacts".

I tried restarting my phone, clearing data on the app, disabling/enabling the app, deleting my google account and reinstalling it. Nothing. My contacts were just moved over via Verizon's Cloud app from my old phone.

Google Voice Search works flawlessly to open/view/contact any of my contacts.

Yes, it's better, but really I was trying to prep myself for life with only SVoice on my soon-to-be-purchased Gear S2 3G.

Do any of you with a Note 5 have this issue? Any ideas on how I can possibly fix it? Again, currently SVoice doesn't seem to think I have ANY contacts at all.

EDIT: Just tried the same thing on my wife's Note 5 and have the same issue... "I could not find ANY names in your contacts" Damn.

Last edited:

Christian Reyes3

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
You have to export the contacts from gmail (you can do that from the contact app in the note 5) and import them into the phone contact (via the same contact app)

Apparently the Note 5 keeps the contacts in silos and Svoice can't read the contacts that were synced to the phone from the Gmail account.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You have to export the contacts from gmail (you can do that from the contact app in the note 5) and import them into the phone contact (via the same contact app)

Apparently the Note 5 keeps the contacts in silos and Svoice can't read the contacts that were synced to the phone from the Gmail account.

I guess this is correct. I don't sync my contacts, they are only on the phone and s-voice works fine for me.

I think Google voice assistant works better too but I use s-voice because I can use the wake up name that I choose.
I call mine Ziggy, from Quantum Leap.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for that suggestion. Seemed to do "something" when I just exported the VCF and then imported them. But sadly it still doesn't work. Does it work for you? Something has changed at least...

It used to always say: "I could not find ANY names in your contacts"

Now it says: "I'm sorry. I'm facing some problem in reading your contact list."

Advice?

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So basically it doesn't work?

No one out there uses it (I fully would understand that) or has any luck getting it to recognize ANY contacts?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I imported my contacts via Settings in Contacts and once completed my contacts were found and displayed on the command Open My Contacts via SVoice.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I imported my contacts via Settings in Contacts and once completed my contacts were found and displayed on the command Open My Contacts via SVoice.

Yes, I can do that too, but can you access any one single contact? I can't. Never have been able to with SVoice on my Note 5. I can with Google Voice Search, but SVoice fails to find any one specific contact. Can you?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois