International Note 5 and being in USA questions

frenzy757

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any answers to the following.

For the international N920i (link here New Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920I 32GB LTE GSM Unlocked 16 0 MP Smartphone | eBay)

1) Will it work 100% on Tmobile? 3g 4g everything?
2) How do OS updates happen? I understand that OEMs have a hand in it, but not sure how this will happen with an unlocked international version - I am extremely curious to this.
3) I assume there is no bloatware at all?
4) What is the difference between this and the dual sim? SM-N9208 and SM-N920C?
4) Any other considerations?

Thanks everyone. This deal seems good and I wanted to cover my bases before I jump in. This will be my first international phone so I am pretty cautious.

Thanks!

PP763

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Ill answer as much as i can. All note 5 handsets will work on t mobile usa up to 3g however not all will work on 4g but the ones youve listed will work. Also you would get software updates earlier than carrier locked handsets. N9208 is for taiwan market. N920i for australia and N920C for middle east. The dual sim version is the N920CD and will also work

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You won't get h+ aws which is 3g/4g. Otherwise you should be ok radio wise

Wfc might not work.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

PP763

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Like i said 4g will absolutely definately work with t mobile usa with those 3 models. Not sure about wfc though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Like i said 4g will absolutely definately work with t mobile usa with those 3 models. Not sure about wfc though.

Per the specs on the eBay site, you won't get 4g- aws h+.you will get 4g pcs, where deployed. Other than that you would be fine with edge /4GLTE.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

frenzy757

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
What about samsung pay. Will it work with the international or dual sim versions?

Sorry for all the questions - I just want to make sure I get the right phone.

frenzy757

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know about Samsung pay and dual sim? And if they will ever enable samsung pay for it (dual sim or international) in the USA?

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I know that my Samsung pay will not allow my American credit cards (i live in korea and have a Korean carrier and phone) also I tried to side load the USA version of samsung pay and it would not work. It replace it immediately with the Korean version. Also when I was in the states two weeks ago I was completly unable to use samsung pay with my normal Korean bank cards, which the cards do work fine in the US.

Krystian104

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I'm from Poland and I have Samsung Note 5 SM-N920I. I broken screen in my phone and I can't found parts for it. I found LCD screens for SM-N920F, SM-N920T, SM-N920A, SM-N920P, SM-N920V, SM-N920R4. So I want ask you that screen in my Note 5 will be compatible with other versions. I'm sorry everyone for my bad english.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know that my Samsung pay will not allow my American credit cards (i live in korea and have a Korean carrier and phone) also I tried to side load the USA version of samsung pay and it would not work. It replace it immediately with the Korean version. Also when I was in the states two weeks ago I was completly unable to use samsung pay with my normal Korean bank cards, which the cards do work fine in the US.

Hmm.. That is odd. Supposedly the USA models will allow Samsung Pay to work worldwide. Seems like it would be compatible both ways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech