Phone Freezing After Recent Note 5 Update

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon customers received an update. It allowed for Samsung pay which I just had to Uninstall as my screen kept freezing. I hope that resolves the issue.

John Vick

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I am glad I am not the only having the issues of freezing screen. It is really driving me nuts! Can't even do a battery pull any more, I wonder if Verizon is even aware that it is causing problems!

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
"Try" going into recovery, and clearing partition cache. "Sometimes" this will help. My suggestion, as is always has been, and always will be....is to do a factory reset after each update. To some, this is the unthinkable, and I say to them, then deal with the issues that "sometimes" occur after these updates that are designed to fix issues, but most times fubar the system until a factory reset is done.

Try the cache clearing first, if that doesn't work, then I would think a reset would be in order. Good Luck!

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Deleting Samsung Pay did the trick for me. No more screen freezing. That issue was extremely annoying. I'm not a big fan of factory resets. Since deleting the app no more freezing.

Andrea Lower

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Yep .. just got the update a few days ago and the phone consistently freezes, especially when texting. :-( what do I do or how do I go back to the previous update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown