Francisco Rivas

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I recently purchased the Note 5 and while I love the phone, the stock messaging app is too slow. I researched online and read a lot of articles that recommended hello sms, but when I went to the Play Store it said app is not found. I searched for it online though and I found the apk pack, downloaded it, and now I'm using it, but for some odd reason I cant share videos or see gifs. I am using the new updated Hangouts, but I'd really like to go back to Hello. Is there anything that you all can recommend or do you know of a similar app I can use? I tried EvolveSMS but I kept getting notification banners on the top of old text messages and I didn't know how to fix that. Please help and thanks!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon messaging app is good. It's in the play store under messages+. You don't have to be on Verizon to use it.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon messaging app is good. It's in the play store under messages+. You don't have to be on Verizon to use it.

I agree, the Verizon messages + app is very good. However my wife and I just started having a problem with sending MMS to Sprint phones from Verizon while using messages +. The message is received as an empty box. Group messages or images will both not show up correctly. I've had to switch over to the standard Google texting app and it works fine. I'm going to have to do a little research I think.

Posted via the Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You're the second person I've seen today using hangouts for SMS. I'm so sorry. Textra is king of messaging apps.... You're welcome

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I personally like the stock messaging app. I love the favorites at the top and the schedule message option.

I dislike the orange color though

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I personally like the stock messaging app. I love the favorites at the top and the schedule message option.

I dislike the orange color though

If you're using a Note5 download a theme and it will change the color.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
If you're using a Note5 download a theme and it will change the color.

I have seen those. I just don't like the other icons etc. I wish could change colors only without changing the icons and whole look.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have seen those. I just don't like the other icons etc. I wish could change colors only without changing the icons and whole look.

I'm using Nova launcher with a dark theme and custom icons.