Something Has to be Wrong

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I have gone through all of the battery threads and still can't figure this out. Something has to be wrong. I'm on a Verizon note 5. Has anyone else had this issue where you lose 13% battery in 3 hours without touching your phone? All Verizon bloat is disabled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

Attachments

• 3910.jpg
    3910.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 374

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Give the update a week to settle in. Your battery usage doesn't seem to be very high at all (for the things the battery screen measures).

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
There is a new app optimization under the battery options, set all apps to optimize (not auto / in 3 days) and youll see your battery life improve big time

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
There is a new app optimization under the battery options, set all apps to optimize (not auto / in 3 days) and youll see your battery life improve big time

Wew.... then what's the phone usage for ? Optimize all app means turn all app to sleep right ?

Posted via the Android Central App

Note5Guy

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I looked there. It isn't in my settings. 5.1.1 build AOJ2 does not have it.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

He is right. Verizon disabled a bunch of stuff on the phone. Including auto restart and this.. so irritating!

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and I don't have the app optimization setting either, but I also haven't received the update yet. I notice that my battery drains semi-fast while I'm actively using it, but maybe I'm just paranoid.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
He is right. Verizon disabled a bunch of stuff on the phone. Including auto restart and this.. so irritating!

This is really stupid! Why would they disable such a crucial an important feature that would help the battery life tremendously? My battery life was horrible before this I used to charge the phone like 3 times a day even without touching it! there was a serious battery drain. Now with this, and all apps set to auto optimize, they all still work but I only charge me phone every like 30 hours so that's 1.5 days and my usage is still the same, actually I make a 1 hour phone call everyday now so it's great

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Your signal is one issue for sure.

Also Verizon seems to have an issue with standby using a lot of battery when WiFi is on. There is a thread about it somewhere in this forum.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Mine seems worse after that last update too. I even did a total reset just in case I had done something to use up battery quickly. I figured messing with launchers and themes had screwed up my battery drain but even in all default it seems to drain quickly. Not horrible battery life but definitely draining faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad