If you bought a VERIZON Note 5, now you can get a free wireless charger or $50 rebate from Samsung

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
you got a free wireless charger for buy the Verizon Note 5? How was that possible? :)

That's the deal best buy had.
The day I bought it I forgot to get it. I went back the next day and they tried to say that's of if you activate it at best buy. I told them that's not what it said on the website and told him to go to their website and put the note 5 in his cart. It showed that there was also a free wireless charger in the cart and says nothing about activation.
So they gave it to me.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If you purchased your Note 5 before October will you still be able to get the free charger?
Are they sending the Fast Charger or the regular slow charging puck?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I got through most of this process. Two things:

- You had to have purchased the phone as of today 10/28, up to when the offer ends. Unfortunately for me and this offer, I bought my N5 back in September. Oh, you won't know about the date restriction until you go through the process and are asked to pick your purchase date.

- Every time I type in my IMEI on a Samsung site, either for this offer, or to sign-up for Samsung Pay, Samsung says that I have an invalid IMEI. What a PIA.

Not sure it's worth all of this for me if all that I get is a slow-*** wireless charger. I've already got a couple of those.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I just filled out the forms without uploading a receipt and it went through fine. Got a email saying that they will let me know after I'm approved. I purchased back in September also.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

- You had to have purchased the phone as of today 10/28, up to when the offer ends. Unfortunately for me and this offer, I bought my N5 back in September. Oh, you won't know about the date restriction until you go through the process and are asked to pick your purchase date.

- Every time I type in my IMEI on a Samsung site, either for this offer, or to sign-up for Samsung Pay, Samsung says that I have an invalid IMEI. What a PIA.

Not sure it's worth all of this for me if all that I get is a slow-*** wireless charger. I've already got a couple of those.

There's nothing in the terms and conditions that says that. Only that Samsung Pay must be activated between Oct 28 and Nov 8.
https://samsungpromotions.com/chargerpromo/en-us/Rules
Unless I'm reading it wrong...

I do realize that the purchase date only allows Oct or Nov in the submission form, but I think that's a mistake on Samsung's part. They probably meant the date that you activated Samsung Pay.

This is one of the most confusing Samsung promo I"ve ever seen. :(

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone last week and just today filled out the forms and had no issues with the date of purchase or imei. Also received a confirmation email stating they'd let me know once approved. Hope it works out.

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

The IMEI part happened to me 4 times also, you just go back to each field, IMEI and WIFI Mac Address and delete last digit and retype it and at least for me it has always worked after that.

Kyle Hartman

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Never asked for purchase date. I didn't buy the note, it's under the edge program. Does that matter? Guess I'll just wait and see.

Posted via the Android Central App
32GB Note 5 Verizon

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Once you get the invalid pop-up click the complete button again and it goes through to Samsung and you get an acknowledgement from Samsung. Don't know if you will get the charger but you do get your request processed.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Once you get the invalid pop-up click the complete button again and it goes through to Samsung and you get an acknowledgement from Samsung. Don't know if you will get the charger but you do get your request processed.

how long did it take before Samsung sends requested approved email? (not just receipt of submission)

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...er-any-cards-because-she-didn-t-have-any.html

I guess this is YMMV.

My MIL didn't have any qualifying credit/debit cards from any of those banks that worked with Samsung Pay.

Under my advice, she activated Samsung anyway... no cards were registered, since she didn't have one that qualified. Then she submitted the request for the free charger on Samsung Pay's promo page anyway.

After weeks of waiting.... yesterday, she received the free wireless charger!!! She was a little disappointed that it was just the "regular" wireless charger and not the "fast charger" wireless charger. However, she said free was free... Can't argue with that!

I figured I post this for people who are in the same situation. Submit the request anyway. The worse that Samsung can do is reject the request and you only wasted a few minutes of your time to fill out the forms. But if Samsung doesn't check it, then you may end up getting the free charger like my MIL.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

For you, and anyone else who bought their phone before the eligible dates, you can still get the wireless charger or rebate.

Samsung Pay users can get a free wireless charging pad or rebate until Nov. 8 | Android Central

ColoradoHiker

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Let's see if I understand this correctly, as I am on Verizon, and have had the Note 5 for two weeks. And, I have actually activated Samsung Pay on my device with a credit card entered.

So, I should go to a Verizon store and buy a wireless charging pad before Nov 8, and then get $50 back? Is that correct? The only wireless charger I see on the Verizon website is a Verizon branded device, definitely no fast chargers.

Might still be worth it. I have purchased already a Samsung fast charger, works great even with my Defender case on it. Another charger would be nice to have.

Thx.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Let's see if I understand this correctly, as I am on Verizon, and have had the Note 5 for two weeks. And, I have actually activated Samsung Pay on my device with a credit card entered.

So, I should go to a Verizon store and buy a wireless charging pad before Nov 8, and then get $50 back? Is that correct? The only wireless charger I see on the Verizon website is a Verizon branded device, definitely no fast chargers.

Might still be worth it. I have purchased already a Samsung fast charger, works great even with my Defender case on it. Another charger would be nice to have.

Thx.

Good luck with that... Samsung must have hired some weird legal team to come up with the terms and conditions for this offer. If you can figure it out, let me know. :)

https://samsungpromotions.com/paypromo/en-us/Rules
"Purchase a Samsung wireless charging pad at full price from a participating Verizon retail
location (“Qualifying Purchase”) during the Purchase Period (Verizon corporate online and
retail stores and national retailers are not participating retail locations for purposes of this
Offer). Qualifying Purchase may not be combined with any other Samsung or carrier offer,
such as gift card promotions, guaranteed trade-in values, etc
. "

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay