how can I update my Verizon Note 5 if I'm currently outside of Verizon service area?

PaperMap

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
how can I update my Verizon Note 5 if I'm currently outside of Verizon service area?

I have two identical Verizon Note 5 and the first one was updated when I was home. I have the second one with me and it hasn't gotten the update yet because I'm currently outside of Verizon's service area. (no service for *any* carrier, not even T-Mobile or AT&T) This is rural beach area in the east and the nearest place with any cell phone signal is about an hour and half away by car. I'm using the phone on wifi only.

I don't want the update that bad, but I do need it if I want to download and install Samsung Pay. Yes, I want to get it done before next week in order to send it for that free wireless charger promo. :(

Any ideas?

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I just disabled data, so only wifi is active, and checked for updates. All up to date, but no errors about a network connection.

You don't have to be connected to 4G/LTE to get updates, so not sure what the problem would be for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2