Fingerprint unlock ?

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got Note 5 yesterday. Generally really happy with it. Took me only a couple of hours of playing with it before I realized how much I like the added Samsung features vs stock android. Definitely still miss always on Google Now from my Moto X (S Voice just isn't as good - slow to respond), but I think I'll be sticking with this one.

Anyway, I have a question about the fingerprint unlock. When I was playing with a nexus, just touching the scanner would wake and unlock the screen in one move. Here, I seem to have to press a button (power/home) to wake screen, then swipe up, then it asks to unlock with fingerprint. Do I have something set wrong possibly? Is this just the way this fingerprint scanner works? I have used package disabler pro - are there any packages that I need to be sure to leave alone? Thanks

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If your device is asleep then you need to wake it by pressing either the power or home buttons, then scan your fingerprint to unlock.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Just wake the screen to activate the fingerprint unlock.

As far as the S Voice, kill it with fire. Google Now works much better.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got Note 5 yesterday. Generally really happy with it. Took me only a couple of hours of playing with it before I realized how much I like the added Samsung features vs stock android. Definitely still miss always on Google Now from my Moto X (S Voice just isn't as good - slow to respond), but I think I'll be sticking with this one.

Anyway, I have a question about the fingerprint unlock. When I was playing with a nexus, just touching the scanner would wake and unlock the screen in one move. Here, I seem to have to press a button (power/home) to wake screen, then swipe up, then it asks to unlock with fingerprint. Do I have something set wrong possibly? Is this just the way this fingerprint scanner works? I have used package disabler pro - are there any packages that I need to be sure to leave alone? Thanks
Make sure your phone is set to lock immediately in the secure lock settings. The default is 10 minutes, so if you "open" your phone before the secure lock is engaged, only a swipe is required.

As for always on google now... are you referring to the ability to search by saying "ok google" from any screen? If so, it's still there.. just have to enable it in the settings and "train" it to recognize your voice.

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
No need to press more than one button. Just use the finger that you added and do a long press on the home/scanner button. It will both wake and unlock your phone.

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After some searching, the issue I was having seemed to be a conflict with Smart Lock features. I turned off Smart Lock in security settings, and I can just do as stated above - press the home button and keep my finger on for a second and it unlocks. I'm a little irritated at not being able to use trusted places/ on body detection to turn the lock off, but on the whole it works out.

radiohawk

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure where else to ask this... just got a Note 5 a few days ago, does anyone know where it stores fingerprints? On the device or does it get uploaded to Samsung servers?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12