S pen help

RealtorROb

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I don't own a Note 5, but was playing with a demo model and the phone is great, but when I take the S pen out to do a Smart capture or any S pen function and then go to respond to a text or do something else, I lose all the S pen functions and have to put the S pen back into the phone and then pull it out. I found myself putting the S pen in and out of the phone a lot just to get the S pen to work. Is this how is is suppose to work or what am I doing wrong? Seriously considering this phone.
Thank you.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Look on the screen for the icon pointed to in my screenshot (that's funny - it didn't capture the icon - it's a round circle with pen in it) - I can't remember if it was a setting I had to select or not. Otherwise, just hover the pen tip close to the screen and press the button on the s pen once - that brings Air Command Menu back up just like putting the pen back in and out.

Screenshot_2015-11-02-19-40-13[1].jpg

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I don't own a Note 5, but was playing with a demo model and the phone is great, but when I take the S pen out to do a Smart capture or any S pen function and then go to respond to a text or do something else, I lose all the S pen functions and have to put the S pen back into the phone and then pull it out. I found myself putting the S pen in and out of the phone a lot just to get the S pen to work. Is this how is is suppose to work or what am I doing wrong? Seriously considering this phone.
Thank you.

You can as the other posters suggested either double click the pen button or tap the pen icon to achieve what you want.

It would be great for realty. Taking notes on the fly etc. Lots of applications.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Look on the screen for the icon pointed to in my screenshot (that's funny - it didn't capture the icon - it's a round circle with pen in it) - I can't remember if it was a setting I had to select or not. Otherwise, just hover the pen tip close to the screen and press the button on the s pen once - that brings Air Command Menu back up just like putting the pen back in and out.

View attachment 204278

Off topic but what is the clock either widget you've got there at the top of your screen?

Posted via the Android Central App