Browers - Chrome vs Stock

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Which do you use and why?

chrome is such a memory hog it seems - but seems faster than stock although stock is pretty clean looking browser.

I've been bouncing back and forth using both. What are some of the feature or advantages of one vs the other...?

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Which do you use and why?

chrome is such a memory hog it seems - but seems faster than stock although stock is pretty clean looking browser.

I've been bouncing back and forth using both. What are some of the feature or advantages of one vs the other...?
Plug-ins

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Sorry guys. I was on the computer messing with my Chrome Plug-ins when the notification for this popped up. Hence I compared Edge to desktop chrome. My bad. For what it's worth speed dialer 2, adblock plus, turn off the lights , better history are some good ones.

On my mobile I use chrome because all my desktop bookmarks, passwords, autofill and pages get synced to the mobile.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Have been using Chrome on the phone for some time, but I'm finding some sites that don't load correctly and am thinking about switching to Firefox. Dolphin was meh for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
No dolphin. Just comparing stock vs Chrome. Dolphin is just a mobile browser that is gimmicky IMHO.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome across all my devices because that's what I'm most used to operating with, so I use it on my Tablet and laptop, as well as my Note. It remembers a lot of the pages I've been working with and saves me time when I switch device to device.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere Chrome is using more battery than Samsung stock browser. Is that true?
Also saw claims samsung stock is faster, but it seems to me chrome is using less memory than stock.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I use chrome but sometimes a page won't load properly so I switch to stock for those particular psges and chrome for everything else.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I have both Chrome and stock disabled. In their place I run Adblock Browser for ad-free browsing experience. I have Facebook and Twitter app configured to browse sites externally using Adblock instead of built-in browser which allows ads to run. Though I use Chrome on my desktop PC, I have zero need to mirror my bookmarks and browser preferences to my phone.

hughie1987

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Been using stock since the S4 and I still like it on this tho I'm thinking about using firefox since I use it on my laptop and I'm not lazy when it comes to entering passwords etc

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to use the stock to test it more and I'm very happy with it. Speed wise, I think there is negligible difference. Here are some things I like -

I like the Quick Access Page - You can add any page to a quick access page that displays those pages as tiles to click and access quickly - also that I can set that as my home page and access from the bottom of any page I'm on quickly by pressing home page.

I like the Saved Pages feature (I think Chrome has similar not sure) - where you can save pages for later and then read offline ala Instapage.

I like it doesn't hog space, I've been using side by side with Chrome and Chrome lists over 300mb used and Stock browser shows 60mb

Works with S Pen very nicely too.