Handwriting recognition

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get the handwriting recognition feature to work. I've downloaded the expansion pack for S Note. I've tried writing in S Note and converting to text - the "transform" option isn't there. I've tried using the handwriting tablet on the stock Samsung keyboard. I can enter handwriting, but it doesn't convert to text. I've also tried using S pen on text entry fields, which gives me a handwriting tablet entry, but again doesn't convert to text.

Any advice, tips, suggestions? Anyone else having this problem?

Screenshot_2015-11-04-11-59-21.jpg

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine had been working, and then STOPPED and nothing worked, just like you're saying. I restarted my phone, and it now has not had a hitch...I don't know how long you've been trying...maybe give it a shot if you haven't already?

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sadly that didn't work. i tried killing the keyboard in app manager too. No dice.

Posted via the Android Central App

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was running package disabler. I turned everything back on, and the handwriting recognition feature is working again. So, now I have to go back through disabling things one at a time and finds out what package was borking handwriting.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues either. But then I don't use package disabler because after reviewing the list of things it disables I found well over half of them were necessary to run the Note 5 features I use everyday.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Got to be Package Disabler.
I don't use that app and the handwriting recognition is spot-on - all the time.

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
S-Note is terrible!!!! VERY unstable and unreliable. I cannot share anything I've done in S-Note. All features are turned on, nothing disabled. The only temp fix is a full factory reset but then it gets buggy a few days later and stops sharing.....I may have to completely disable S-Note

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01