Got very dissapointed

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I got my note 5 on release date here in thailand. I loved the phone and i still do. I had to switch off 4g all together to improve battery life. Because i usually got low signal on 4g. Managed an average of 4 hours sot at max.
Last week i went to Japan with my wife and daughter.
Every day the phone failed me so many times. I would average 3 to 3.5 hours of SOT.
I have not made any calls. Maybe 30 mins of google maps a bit of chat. No phone calls. I took on average 70 photos in a day and about 5 videos. My phone would be dead by 9pm. My wife spent day chatting on fb messenger and took about 60 photos and 10 videos. Used gps and by 9pm she would have 40% battery left on iphone 6. I even gave 30 mins charge on power bank and it would still die. This cant be 4g. I had 5 bars in tokyo all the time.
This really failed me. That is not even mentioning this stupid unlock freeze when you try to wake phone up and screen would not come on for 10 seconds and everything jitters. During disneyland parade there were so many missed shots because of this when i couldnt take a photo of my daughter.
What is going on? I tried factory reset. Clearning cache. Before the trip went to service center they said they heard this freeze issue on 64gb model bit not seen it or could replicate it to know how to fix it.
This and the battery is my only gripe.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You could try having the service center reflash the stock ROM. But I honestly don't think it's a software issue. I think it's hardware, but I am not sure what.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've seen the screen freeze issue on the international Notes and S6 Edge Plus.

It could be software or hardware. If software, the issue hasn't had a fix yet. Being out of the US though, you can find a Samsung Center and they can remove the OS and install a fresh new install. Simply doing that can many times fix things that reset or reflash won't.

It is important for international owners to report this issue to Samsung, that is the only way for a fix to be issued, hardware or software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome