Note 5 keeps saying connected to dock

Piepuncher

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
This phone has been a pain! This is my first replacement phone as my last one didn't get any reception. This phone is two weeks old, gets reception but is now constantly saying connected to dock. Does it over and over and will then magically stop, only to do it again in a few minutes or hour later. I just used compressed air and vacuum to the USB port. Hope it helps. Anyone else having this issue or have any other ideas as to how to fix?
I previously had HTC one m8, m9 and never had an issue other than the cameras sucked.. the note is awesome when it works but I have never had so many issues

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So sad you're having issues with such an amazing phone. But I'd turn this in again and ask for a replacement. Yes, the USB port is most likely at fault here, but if cleaning it doesn't help and it happens again within a few days, the port or the mother board might be defective and you don't want to wait for it to really fail.

Again, sorry you've been unlucky with clearly defective units :(

Piepuncher

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
This thing blows. Now it's saying some power share crap over and over. Will be returning for a third note 5... quality control must suck

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Just outta curiosity, are you by any chance using a case with a magnetic kickstand? I have heard some people having issues with the magnetic kickstand activating sensors.

Piepuncher

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
AT&T was great about exchange. They told me it has been a common problem with the note 5 and they have had quite a few returned for the same reason. Have a new one shipped overnight for free. Hopefully the new one will be issue free

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Must be an AT&T Version hardware issue then, because I haven't heard any reports from international or T-Mobile versions so far. But I did have issues with an USB port once upon a time on an International S4, so...