How bad is it to sleep on your phone?

Jekhoff9375

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that has a dual layer incipio case and tempered glass cover on it. I love this phone more than anything and obviously want to keep it in its best condition for the next couple of years. The other evening I ended up falling asleep with the phone in my bed. I normally don't move around much in my sleep but there is a chance that I rolled over on top of it throughout the night. My question is have I don't any physical damage to the device by doing so? All answers are appreciated!

Posted via the Android Central App

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that has a dual layer incipio case and tempered glass cover on it. I love this phone more than anything and obviously want to keep it in its best condition for the next couple of years. The other evening I ended up falling asleep with the phone in my bed. I normally don't move around much in my sleep but there is a chance that I rolled over on top of it throughout the night. My question is have I don't any physical damage to the device by doing so? All answers are appreciated!

Posted via the Android Central App

You shouldn't have any damage, but stranger things have happened. FWIW, I sit on my LG G3 (in back pocket) with nothing but a .26mm tempered glass screen protector on it, no problems to date. Also I've found my wife's iPhones on her side of the bed on numerous occasions through the years.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I remember someone posting that their phone had caught fire while they slept with it under the pillow.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I remember someone posting that their phone had caught fire while they slept with it under the pillow.
That just happened yesterday in NYC and pics were posted by the NYC police. It showed some sort of Samsung phone. Maybe a Note 5? Thing totally blew up under a pillow. I wonder if owner was hurt? Anybody see it?

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok here are some pics courtesy of wcvb
9a773346d2a1c66fb6f41883370e6be2.jpg
0da68ba7a50cf87abe39d6b792800ebf.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Or a real Note 3 with an imitation battery. Or a completely genuine phone that blew up. It has happened before. Lithium batteries are dangerous when overheated.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had to replace a battery in a Note 5 yet? That's a concern, to me. My daily battery life is fine, but I know that batteries don't last forever.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a razr maxx hd that is in use 24/7 in wifi mode with original battery. Still has better battery life than any Samsung.... So you might get lucky.