Backup password

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
When using the fingerprint scanner, I went past my allotted 3 (?) tries and Note 5 asked me for my backup password. I entered it countelss times and Note 5 would not let me inside. It sems like there is no "enter" function once you have completed your password. I was forced then to do a hardware reset of my Note 5. Not fun. I am afraid this will happen again because if my hands are a bit wet or maybe after eating some White Castles, I am terrified I will get locked out. It has nothing to do with resetting the backup password, it is that there seems to be no apparent keyboard function to enter the password.

Edit: somehow I figured this all out. I have no idea what happened the time I needed to do the reset. It is working fine now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you figured it out. When you were having issues entering the backup, is it an alphanumeric password, or a digit-only PIN?

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Can you do a pin as the backup to fingerprints? It's only letting me use a password backup but I would prefer it to be a pin

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not sure about that. The reason I ask is that the OP mentioned not being able to tap Enter, which seems more consistent with a PIN than a password.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance