Confession: I hardly use the pen. But, I'd like to use it more! Please advise.

BamaMomRollTide

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Confession: I hardly use my pen.

Even when I had the Note 3, I hardly used the pen. In fact, within a month or two after getting it, I forgot all about it. Part of the reason is that I just don't know all the right times to use it other than jotting down notes.

Now, with the Note 5, I'm committed to start using it more. I do like the fact that with the black screen, I can use the pen as sort of a chalkboard for quick notes that are saved.

I have no idea what the button is for or how useful it can be.

I'm an "older user" (nearing 60), but I do try to stay up with technology....I'm just not nearly as savvy as y'all. :)

What are some easy tricks or uses that I can incorporate into daily use?

Last edited:

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I personally like making odd pictures, like putting things where they do not belong.

I use the s-pen smart select function to cut images out of pictures, then use s-note to create a new picture inserting the cutout.

Attachments

• 20150806.jpg
    20150806.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 440

IceCold803

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Also find games to use it with. I use it for games like family guy, Sim city build it etc. It's perfect for 8 Ball Pool. I got so much better after I started using the S-Pen!

Posted via the Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use smart select all the time to share things I find on twitter, or photos perhaps, with friends. Also you can copy and text by holding the button and "highlighting" the text

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I personally like making odd pictures, like putting things where they do not belong.

I use the s-pen smart select function to cut images out of pictures, then use s-note to create a new picture inserting the cutout.

This is something I need to learn.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I use it mainly due to FFS (fat finger syndrome). I even have a second pen on my desk, so I don't have to keep pulling the pen out every time I sit down at my desk. Even for typing - I sometimes miss a key or hit 2 at once. The pen works better. (Solitaire is about the only thing I don't use the pen for - the cards are large enough that even I can't miss touching them.)

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I just used it for the past 30 minutes filling out a PDF for my title company on the sale of my home. It saved me a ton of time having to print it, scan it back and creating another PDF. S-Note handled it like a champ. Just sent it back out through email all through my Note 5!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I just used it for the past 30 minutes filling out a PDF for my title company on the sale of my home. It saved me a ton of time having to print it, scan it back and creating another PDF. S-Note handled it like a champ. Just sent it back out through email all through my Note 5!

I did the same thing when I refinanced my house.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Well BamaChick, we are about the same age and since that's so, I would think you are old school like me and like to write reminder notes and have stickies all over the place (because of our CRS). With the Note5 you can write a quick note and in the top right corner click on More and Set Reminder and tell the note when to remind you to do something. Beats the heck out of writing on pieces of paper and sticking them in your pocket or sticky'ing them to your PC! lol... One of my favorite uses for the S pen and note taking.
Also, try texting with the s pen. I love it. No fat fingers with the nice point. Also, playing Words with Friends and most everything else is just easier for me because the point is so much more precise!
The S Pen is the greatest invention ever to this old guy!! And now that I can click it while holding it, just pure awesomeness (while driving the wife nuts)!! lol

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I started using it more and more... I think once this samsung trial is over i'm keeping the note 5 instead of going to the s6+... it's useful, just gotta use it more and more... thanks for the videos... the only downside (for now) is using the s-pen and having the iphone side by side and then trying to use it on the iphone lol...

BamaMomRollTide

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Thank you again!!! The videos and other tips are awesome!

I also have S note on my Gear S watch, but (lol) didn't know what to do with it. Now I know what it's for along with now knowing more uses for the pen for the Note 5.

Sirromey

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
S Note is an awesome app. Eliminates the need to carry multiple notebooks around. Can easily share notes with other users. Make sure you download the added features for S Note.

I also really like the "pin to home screen" feature of Action Memo. I no longer have post its scattered around the house.

Posted on my Note 5

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe for some, using the s-pen is more comfortable. For me, I feel very comfortable using it and prefer to use it for everything. My pen is out more often than not. And I can appreciate all the features that accompany the S-pen.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I adore the S-Pen. It is the main reason I got my N5, as I was an old-school PDA owner back in the day - all the way back to the Apple Newton! I use it all the time.

I use the S-Pen in business meetings and I always get the question "Are you writing on your phone?". I love that one! Deep envious lust follows immediately on behalf of the person asking the question.

Just start using it.
There's no going back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz