Does the note 5....

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
It's pretty simple. Does the Note 5 lag?

I currently have the following:

IPhone 6+ = no lag
Note 4 = lag
lg g4 = no lag

So before I buy a note 5 I just want unbiased info if it lags at all? Not like delays with opening apps, but stuttering when scrolling, etc.?

Thnx

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
It may. To describe a smartphone as having bag is subjective. I didn't think the iPhone 6 Plus didn't have lag, but I have seen many accounts on the forums about it having lag. I can say this about the Note 5, it's the fastest, most powerful smartphone I have ever owned.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Having owned a Note 4 as well, the 5 offers an infinitely better software experience. It lags no more than the likes of my Nexus 6.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
No lag at all!
I keep it stock.... Did notice a little hiccup here and that w nova launcher so I changed to tw.

eckl

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
If you consider iPhone 6+ as no lag, you would be considering note 5 as no lag. I came from iPhone. iOS 8, no lag. iOS 9, slight lag from time to time.

sergiu.m

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
No lag but does occasionally reboot in the middle of the day. Happened twice in the past month.
Overall it is a very good phone, probably dragged down only by the bunch of apps that are not optimised right

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
The Note 5 has zero lag. That said I have an iPhone 6s plus also and there is considerable lag on that device. It's pretty shocking. The Note 5 is WAY smoother comparatively speaking.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
There's no smartphone out there that won't lag from time to time. My Note 5 is pretty smooth so far, and tiny bumps of lag here and there but it's very mininal.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
If you consider iPhone 6+ as no lag, you would be considering note 5 as no lag. I came from iPhone. iOS 8, no lag. iOS 9, slight lag from time to time.

I should have made that clearer. I was getting bad lag on iOS 9 so I jumped back to 8.4.1- I'm lag free on ios 8.4.1

Thanks guys, I'm feeling confident about the note 5.

Is it a big difference from the Note 5? Or is it pretty much familiar territory?

saiyyasuka pon

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I use note 4 before i bought a note5. Note 4 have lag only when i opened a gallery. Beside that, note 4 is solid device. And Note 5 have good improvement from note 4. Thanx to 4gb ram. No lag at all.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
No lag on my note 5 ether been a beast since day one . Now my daughter iPhone 6 after the update is a lag fest . I've often wondered why the iPhone guys always just think that there phones are prefect there not no phone is

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
No lag at all. I had a note 4 before and that one had noticeable lag from time to time. I had to make sure that no apps were being used at all.

Everything is perfect on note 5, I only experienced a crash with TouchWiz after switching between like 5 launchers. I just couldn't make up my mind until I decided to stick with TouchWiz. After that crash, smoothest phone I have ever had. Samsung finally got everything just right.

Now if we could only change the default messaging app theme color...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo