sprint note 5

road_kill

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Thinking of making the jump to sprint for the note 5. But i have a few questions first.

1. How is coverage with sprint especially in the northeast?

2. Is the sprint sim built into the phone or does it come seperate where u insert it like iphone.

3. Does the note 5 have the bands for the gsm side of the carriers?

Thank you.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The sprint note 5 supports the following :

Infra: 2G GSM,2G CDMA,3G WCDMA,3G CDMA,4G LTE FDD,4G LTE TDD;
2G GSM: GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900;
2G CDMA: CDMA800 ,USPCS1900;
3G UMTS: B1(2100), B2(1900), B5(850), B8(900);
3G CDMA: BC0(800), BC1(1900), BC10(800);
4G FDD LTE: B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B12(700), B25(1900), B26(800);
4G TDD LTE: B41(2500)

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I live in the south east, have been a Sprint customer for 12yrs and I have a Note 5. To be honest service is hit or miss depending on where your at but for the most part it's decent to pretty good in most areas I travel to (and I travel frequently around the region for work). Sprint doesn't use Sim cards in the way that other carriers do. The cards are already installed in the phones and will not work with any other phone once it's activated on your specific phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Im in central mass. Just jumped from att and couldnt be happier. Better cell and data signal where i live. I left att because of their customer service more than anything...so far, sprint as been great to work with. Only downside i have found is inability to use data while on a call. Not a deal breaker as i hardly used it before.

road_kill

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I live in the south east, have been a Sprint customer for 12yrs and I have a Note 5. To be honest service is hit or miss depending on where your at but for the most part it's decent to pretty good in most areas I travel to (and I travel frequently around the region for work). Sprint doesn't use Sim cards in the way that other carriers do. The cards are already installed in the phones and will not work with any other phone once it's activated on your specific phone.

So what is being said is even though the note 5 can be used on other networks through unlocking it will have its own embedded sim in the device that you cant remove?

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
So what is being said is even though the note 5 can be used on other networks through unlocking it will have its own embedded sim in the device that you cant remove?
This information is incorrect. Most likely given by someone that does not have a Note 5. The Sprint Note 5, DOES in fact have a removable SIM. I know, because I've curiously removed mine and put it back in.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This information is incorrect. Most likely given by someone that does not have a Note 5. The Sprint Note 5, DOES in fact have a removable SIM. I know, because I've curiously removed mine and put it back in.

I do have a Note 5, have had it since launch day, I also have Sprint for 13yrs +. Maybe I didn't clarify my point. On Sprint you cannot switch Sim cards. They are made for the specific device it came with. So for example, you cannot take the Sim out of the note 5 and put it in your LG g4 and expect it to work, you will get an error! I've tried it! Several calls with Sprint and several days later no success.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50f WATCH: Galaxy gear

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I do have a Note 5, have had it since launch day, I also have Sprint for 13yrs +. Maybe I didn't clarify my point. On Sprint you cannot switch Sim cards. They are made for the specific device it came with. So for example, you cannot take the Sim out of the note 5 and put it in your LG g4 and expect it to work, you will get an error! I've tried it! Several calls with Sprint and several days later no success.

True-ish. What it is, is Sprint uses the MEID/IMEI for the phone itself, in addition to a UICC for the Sim card that the phone uses to connect to LTE. Phones sold for Sprint have the UICC card pre-installed (but it can be removed). The UICC number is "tied" to the MEID... When a Sprint rep enters the MEID into their system for a phone swap, the UICC populates automatically.

That being said, the UICC can be changed by a Sprint rep. It's very similar to doing a phone swap, we just need the new UICC number. If they have already done this for your phone and it's still not working, have sprint do a Gemalto refresh for your line, then an SCRTN reset. That should fix it.