Broke my Note 5

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
So this morning my phone fell out of my pocket. Lands right on the cement floor completely cracking the backside pf my note 5. Very disappointed. I do have asurion insurance but now will i get a New Note 5 or will it be phone started having hiccups i guess the bac cracking has causes it bugs. So anyone have to do this let me know I filed my claim today. So will it be new or refurbished ??
20151115_113354.jpg
20151115_113346.jpg

Last edited:

Cl3arCh0ice

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
From what i know..It can be either or. It just depends what they have in stock at the time. If they don't have a refurb then it will be new

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I think it all depends what's in Stock at that time. Most of the refurbished one are like new condition. Now get that case asap

Posted via the Android Central App

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Verizon & broke my back glass after having the phone for 4 days. I was so pissed! Anyway, I also had insurance but Verizon couldn't guarantee a new replacement and I wouldn't accept a "like new replacement" since mine was only 4 days old so I contacted Samsung and sent it for repair. Cost something like $72 with shipping. The turnaround time was a bit longer than promised but I got my phone back in perfect condition.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon & broke my back glass after having the phone for 4 days. I was so pissed! Anyway, I also had insurance but Verizon couldn't guarantee a new replacement and I wouldn't accept a "like new replacement" since mine was only 4 days old so I contacted Samsung and sent it for repair. Cost something like $72 with shipping. The turnaround time was a bit longer than promised but I got my phone back in perfect condition.

Posted via Android Central App
If you need quicker turn around then you can drop it off at a Samsung site in person...

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Asurion will send you a refurbished n5. It will not include any accessories. Just the phone minus the s-pen. Ive received multiple Samsung devices that looked like they were brand new though.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for your troubles. Out of curiosity, how did the phone fall out of your pocket? Was it a shirt or jacket pocket rather than pants? Was the pocket too loose or too shallow? Was the phone only partially inserted in the pocket?

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
sadly I was wearing sweatpants and I had no case on the Phone. I was getting into the car so when I went to sit down it slipped out. I can tell it hit a corner instead of falling flat on its back. but If ASURION is going to send me a refurbished I don't want something refurbished. I will immediately call them and send them back any phone that I receive that's refurbished I'd rather get the Back glass fixed at a Samsung store then get a mere Refurbished phone. ALSO the deductible is 200.00 and the last thing I'm going to do is settle on a refurbished phone.

sjgoten6

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah if just the back is cracked no need to worry about insurance if you're gonna put a case on. You won't see the Crack anyway

Posted via the Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
For the people that have insurance and "won't accept" a refurbished phone.... Don't you know how insurance works before you sign up? You don't like it, don't drop your phone, simple as that.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I hate breaking my phone more than having a case. Almost everyone I know that doesn't use a case has a cracked phone

I've never used a case or screen protector or insurance, and have never cracked a phone or had a phone be ineligible for an AT&T Next trade-in.

In almost every instance I read of where someone has broken a phone, they were doing something that I would regard as obviously too risky (such as keeping a phone in sweatpants pockets while leaving or entering a car).

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You can always replace the back glass yourself. I've replaced a bunch of glass on the S3 and s5. I would think since it's the back glass, it's even easier because you don't have to worry about the digitizer. Basically a hair dryer, replacement glass, guitar pick, razor blade, and 3m double side tape. Lots of video on YouTube to help you out. Jerryrigeverything is a YouTuber that has really good videos. Good luck. And get a case on that thing!