Verizon "Drive" When Plugging into Windows PC

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am back on an Android phone after a few years of being on Windows Phone.

I have a Verizon Note 5. When I plug my phone into my Windows PC, it will show up as a Verizon Drive to install their tool...after 20-30 seconds, it will then switch to a file drive like I want. Is there a setting somewhere so I can just go straight to a file system drive?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. Phones often have a small area of the Internal Storage partitioned as a "CD Drive" that opens whenever you connect it to the computer. It usually holds installation files for PC sync software, either from the carrier or the manufacturer. Often useless, but unfortunately, you can't get rid of it unless you root the phone. Just ignore it (or tap the red X) whenever it comes up.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so. Phones often have a small area of the Internal Storage partitioned as a "CD Drive" that opens whenever you connect it to the computer. It usually holds installation files for PC sync software, either from the carrier or the manufacturer. Often useless, but unfortunately, you can't get rid of it unless you root the phone. Just ignore it (or tap the red X) whenever it comes up.

Great explanation! I, too, have often wondered this. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for explaining that...my wife's Note 5, on AT&T, doesn't do it so it prompted this question...thanks so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC