Odd Charging Issues

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have been seeing some odd issues in regards to charging as of late. For example the other day I had 21% battery so I decided to power my phone off and plug in my car charger (as I was driving) so it would charge quicker. As soon as I plugged it in the display on the screen stated that it was at 43% charged. I get that this device allows for "Quick Charging", but to jump over 20% in the matter of seconds is not accurate. Another example of a similar issue was when I was at around 53% and again I powered it down, plugged it in and then instead of it jumping up it did the reverse and said the batter was at 17% charged.

The other thing is that my phone will just start randomly and repeatedly saying it is wirelessly charging even though it is nowhere near my wireless charging base. It will make the chirp noise, flash the animation and then go away. It will do this over and over again in a fast repetition until I manually restart the device.

Has anyone come across either of these two issues by chance? I might just wipe the phone and see if that fixes it, but was unsure if it could be a hardware related issue too.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You might try that, but this sounds like a hardware issue to me. And one that's worthy of warranty replacement ASAP.

You can try 'recalibrating' the battery reading by charging your battery to 100%, letting it run down until the device powers off on its own, charge back to 100 and use as normal. But I'm more worried about the fact that your phone 'activates' Wireless Charging on its own. Might be a short somewhere in the charging coil or the battery terminals.