Turn off motion background

poidogger

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Try holding your finger on the screen til options pop up for wallpapers, themes, gadgets, screen grid, etc, tap Wallpapers, then tap on Wallpaper Motion Effect toggle to No

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi RealtorROb, I would repeat Sydneycooper question and add a new one, which phone do you have?

Are you talking about a parallax effect like on the galaxy s6 or wallpaper scrolling when you change home screens?

Depending on your phone there are special settings for a parallax effect. If you want to stop the background scrolling when switching between home screens, well, that's a different thing. Some stock launchers (not many) will let you do this, but in most phones you'll need a custom launcher to fix the wallpaper when swiping between screens.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think you can't disable the parallax effect unless you use a custom launcher, but I'm not sure. Let me check around with some Note 5 owners.

I recommend you to start this kind of thread in the Note 5 forum so you'll get more traffic from people using the same device.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem on my S6 with some of the stock wallpaper even with motion effect turned off. It's weird. Not all of them do it and any non stock wallpapers are fine. I bet doing a factory reset would fix it. I just don't want to do that lol

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^^ what he said, it's a cool feature but why would you want to turn it off?

work:G.S.6 edge play: G.S. Note 5
Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Galaxy Gear S & Gear 1 (tizen)
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Galaxy Gear Circle & Level speaker box
Galaxy Gear VR for S6

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes turning it off works and other times it doesn't. Like I just changed my wallpaper and the setting is turned off but the screen keeps moving. But oh well not a huge deal.

Volodymyr Machekhin

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
hey, I can advise u to use this app on Google Play market: Wallpapergram
Type this in Search, I cant add a link here

Here you can download a wallpaper and use three modes: standard scrollable, fixed and entire scrollable
So your image can be fixed or scrollable as you wish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol