Can't Wait for Free Wireless Charger? - Slickdeals $8 Charger

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That looks very cool! Too bad it's not a brand name product. But still, for the price, shouldn't be that bad.
(Just bear in mind, potential buyers, that this is by no means the Samsung original charger)

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup... I agree... I should have been more clear...

With all of the reported issues with the OEM charger, I do wonder if this being an aftermarket charger instead of a Samsung charger is seen as a pro or a con... Since I have a Samsung charger myself, and have had mixed experiences with it, I am looking forward to see if this aftermarket charger works better or worse... For 8 bucks, there's very little risk here...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
:( Still cheap though.

I got two of the wireless ones from Samsung for the Samsung Pay promo (no idea why a lot of people got two instead of one) but so far no issues. About 2 hours for a full charge, no placement problems so far... I can even charge my Moto360 if I want to there (not that I need to now that the thing lasts for a couple of days on a single charge).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The only thing with these no names is the quality... Who knows how good it really is? And I don't trust reviews on no name products since many times they are padded

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The only thing with these no names is the quality... Who knows how good it really is? And I don't trust reviews on no name products since many times they are padded

I agree... if this were a $50 item, I would pass... But at $7.98...I am willing to throw the dice... ;)

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well I purchased a yootech qi wireless charger for $13 and its far more reliable than the two Samsung ones that they sent me.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just received this, the link went to Amazon so I purchased it off there. Same as me23brown, it was $13 . My Note 5 was at 95% and it charged it to 100%. Then I left it on there for a while (sorry I didn't time it) and it stayed at 100%. After I took it off the charger, the phone and charger were a bit warm, but not hot. Just note the USB cable it comes with seems sort to me. I used another USB cable I have here at work that is longer and it worked fine.

ETA: I tried it again, from 71% to 100% and left it on and it did not get even warm. The phone screen does turn on when fully charged but will sleep as usual.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20