Touchwiz or Launcher

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Before the Note 5 I was a Nove Prime user exclusively. With all of the updates they have done and zedge giving me the ability to change icons and the introduction of the theme store, it is not worth it to use Nova anymore in my opinion. I like pinning notes to my screen for reminders and I like the google calendar widget. Both are inop with Nova. Nova does some great things but not really needed anymore for me.

rpdc

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I used Nova Prime on my previous phone (S4) but with the Note 5 I use TouchWiz. I really don't see the need for third party launchers on this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy Note 5

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I like Nova and used it on Note 4. I've gone to it twice now on the Note5 and I keep going back to stock. TW works great on this phone.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Like above I am so impressed with the features Samsung has unlocked, I'm strictly stock. No rooting, no launcher.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Long time Nova user. But as with the posters above, I personally don't need a 3rd party launcher.
With all the bad-mouthing about Touchwiz, I find it to be fast, stable and it provides a few nice touches that you don't get with vanilla Android or 3rd party launchers.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Stock. Before switching to the note 5 from note 4 i only used nova with custom icons and keyboards. Now i just choose a theme and maybe use line to change the icons. The wallpaper apps to pic out a few and im done.

We need more themes tho to choose from

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Tw (was nova on my note 3). I do miss the ability to scroll more pinned apps on the bottom, and to know my config is backed up, but no real reason so far to move away from tw. And I like there themes. Especially like the moving background (parallax). Replaced the AccuWeather time/date widget with beautiful widget so I could launch weatherbug instead (matched the material design look).

Posted via the Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Before the Note 5 I was a Nove Prime user exclusively. With all of the updates they have done and zedge giving me the ability to change icons and the introduction of the theme store, it is not worth it to use Nova anymore in my opinion. I like pinning notes to my screen for reminders and I like the google calendar widget. Both are inop with Nova. Nova does some great things but not really needed anymore for me.

Agree 100%

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

This are my reasons as well for going to TW from Nova.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I've always used Nova Prime and have tried TW a few times but keep going back to Nova. Unless I'm missing something I can't find a way to put a widget in the dock on the bottom. Without that I can't seem to get message count notifications on those icons. Is there a way to do this?

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
At this point touchwiz is pretty much a great skin. I dont have the need for stock Android rven with themes not anymore just to much to do wit nova and i quit nova. If i wanted a stock vanilla android I'd get a Nexus phone thats all im good with what i have and love my note 5

serpent2005

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Touchwiz has come a long way from just a few years ago. It does look and perform great now. I keep switching between touchwiz and nova prime. The things that bother me with touchwiz are the icons are gigantic and makes a 5x5 grid feel claustrophobic, apps icon can't be removed from the dock, folder contents can't be sorted. I want to be able to stick with all Samsung apps but for now I'm plagued with indecision.