Asurant sent wrong color phone. Normal?

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
My wife had a nasty case of phone (in case) meats the gears of a movie theatre reclining seat and the phone lost. Asurant was quick to get me a replacement, but sent her the same color I have and not the white version she is replacing. Is this a normal practice? Do we just get what's available? I didn't expect a new phone, but I did expect the color I bought.

Posted via the Android Central App

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife had a nasty case of phone (in case) meats the gears of a movie theatre reclining seat and the phone lost. Asurant was quick to get me a replacement, but sent her the same color I have and not the white version she is replacing. Is this a normal practice? Do we just get what's available? I didn't expect a new phone, but I did expect the color I bought.

If you completed the claim online, it specifically states what your replacement phone will be, including color.

When I had to replace my wife's iPhone 6 Plus last month, the online system tried replacing her gold phone with a space grey model. I called customer support and they were able to ship out a gold phone...new in box as well.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
If you completed the claim online, it specifically states what your replacement phone will be, including color.

When I had to replace my wife's iPhone 6 Plus last month, the online system tried replacing her gold phone with a space grey model. I called customer support and they were able to ship out a gold phone...new in box as well.

Must have missed that! Crap!

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

You should be able to call them and get a replacement for the right color.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They dont guarantee color. Just similar version and specs. Theyll send it if its abailable but if its not they send what they have in stock. Even if that means they have to give you a newer released version