Samsung fast wireless charger... how hot should the phone get ?

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just received my Samsung Fast Wireless charger and after 30 or 40 minutes of charging I noticed how hot the back of the phone has gotten... is this normal ? It kind of scares me to leave it on the charger when I go to sleep... the heat could not be good for the phone in the long run or am I wrong... If somebody has the charger could you tell me if your phone gets warm or hot ? I bought the charger to avoid wearing out the usb charging port but if I'm going to damage it in the long run then I'm no better off.
:confused:

cjwaipahu

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I also have the Samsung fast charger. My phone warms up but not hot to touch. It's normal that heat is generated. You could install a battery monitor app that provides you battery temperature as a way to determine if the upper temperature is unacceptable when charging. That temperature you can Google when reading on lithium-ion battery charging.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
It shouldn't get hot. Sometimes my phone gets very slightly warm. Most of the time it's cool.

I would say for me that my phone got much warmer on the USB fast charger.

If you're really worried you can go to the settings at night and turn off fast wireless charging.

Posted via Note 5 64GB AT&T

Last edited:

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't get hot. Sometimes my phone gets very slightly warm. Most of the time it's cool.

I would say for me that my phone got much warmer on the USB fast charger.

If you're really worried you can go to the settings at night and turn of fast wireless charging.

Thanks for the reply... where in the Settings would I find wireless charging?

Posted via the Android Central App

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Looks like our settings layout is different as well... I don't have the tabs at the top like in your screenshot... Device, Personal, System. I am on Bell Canada and my build is N920W8VLU1AOl1
I've only had my phone for 2 weeks and I haven't received any OTA updates yet.

I have another question if you don't mind... I have the fast charger but the toast in the Notification shade just says Wireless Charging... should it say Fast ?

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Looks like our settings layout is different as well... I don't have the tabs at the top like in your screenshot... Device, Personal, System. I am on Bell Canada and my build is N920W8VLU1AOl1
I've only had my phone for 2 weeks and I haven't received any OTA updates yet.

I have another question if you don't mind... I have the fast charger but the toast in the Notification shade just says Wireless Charging... should it say Fast ?

Yes, it should say fast wireless charging.

Attachments

• 1080.jpg
    1080.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 27

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it should say fast wireless charging.

Wow okay thanks... so my $80 fast charger is actually a slow charger and I don't have access to the Accessories section of the Settings that would allow me to enable fast charging. I would return it but I paid $31 in duties which I wouldn't get back
:-\

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Wow okay thanks... so my $80 fast charger is actually a slow charger and I don't have access to the Accessories section of the Settings that would allow me to enable fast charging. I would return it but I paid $31 in duties which I wouldn't get back
:-\

Check your wire/ plug and switch it with the one that came with your phone. See if that works before giving up.

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Check your wire/ plug and switch it with the one that came with your phone. See if that works before giving up.

Just tried that and it did not work... chatted with Samsung and they advised me that Amazon is not an authorized Samsung dealer... oh well guess I'm stuck with an expensive slow charger... since my item was ''fulfilled by Amazon'' I assumed I wouldn't pay duties when it showed up at my door... had I known I would have bought the darn thing from Best Buy at full retail and then I could have returned it... oh well lesson learned.
Thanks for taking the time to help me.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Just tried that and it did not work... chatted with Samsung and they advised me that Amazon is not an authorized Samsung dealer... oh well guess I'm stuck with an expensive slow charger... since my item was ''fulfilled by Amazon'' I assumed I wouldn't pay duties when it showed up at my door... had I known I would have bought the darn thing from Best Buy at full retail and then I could have returned it... oh well lesson learned.
Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Well, if it's not broken. Maybe an update will get it working. I'm not really sure and don't see how or why fast wireless charging wouldn't work on any version of the phone since it was designed to work with that phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane