Can a Verizon Note 5 ever get OTA updates from Verizon while in Europe?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Can a Verizon Note 5 ever get OTA updates from Verizon while in Europe?

I have 3 Verizon Note 5 phones. (all practically free or under $178 to me, thanks to all the Verizon promos and trade-in offers in the last 3 months) I only use one on a daily basis. The 2nd on is just a spare(no SIM inside). The 3rd one has not even been unboxed after 2 months.

I have a niece who will be moving to Germany to study cello for 2 or 3 years. I'm thinking about giving her the 3rd Note 5. It will be able to work on 3G, based on my experience with my other Verizon Note 5 over there last month. She's fine with it.

Since Marshmallow will become available at some point(probably late for Verizon, but it's still coming), I'm wondering how the Note 5 will get it. Can a Verizon Note 5 ever get OTA updates from Verizon while in Europe?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
No, definitely not. You may even struggle with Samsung Smart Switch but if so the update could be flashed using Odin with the correct ROM

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
No, definitely not. You may even struggle with Samsung Smart Switch but if so the update could be flashed using Odin with the correct ROM

ooops, I just found the answer... using Samsung's own software will allow updates no matter where the phone is located. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary