Note 5 shut itself off, won't charge won't turn on, won't reboot blank screen. How can I turn it on?

A

AC Question

Note 5 shut itself off, wont charge wont turn on, wont reboot blank screen

Nothing will start, won't charge wont turn on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 5 shut itself off, wont charge wont turn on, wont reboot blank screen

Welcome to Android Central! Let it charge on a wall outlet overnight, undisturbed. Then press and hold the Power button for at least 20 seconds to see if it will power on. If it doesn't, then try booting into Recovery Mode: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23240.

If that doesn't help, try a new or different battery.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

I've had this happen to my N5 once and it made me a bit frantic at first. What I did was plug the N5 in as if you're charging it. It won't do anything, so simultaneously press and hold the volume up, power, and home button for a several seconds. If that doesn't work try to simultaneously press and hold the volume down, power, and home button for several seconds as well. Don't take my word for it though and I don't want to say that one of those two options will get it to boot back up. But I tried doing those and luckily it ended up working for me. Hopefully you can get yours working again. Good luck!

littledippr86

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, this worked. I pressed volume down, power, and home and held it for a few seconds and it finally came on. First a weird screen came on that said something about a custom os. I just hit "cancel" which was the power down button and then my phone started turning on again.

bandghuston

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I had a galaxy note 5 given to me, it won't power on. appears the screen is cracked. there is a blue light on in the upper left corner, it does not flash it just stays on. How can I get this phone to power on? I have tried the hold down on volume down and power button. I have tried the up/down vol and power buttons together. I have tried the home and vol up buttons together, I'm at a loss. Can you help?

Tommy Phillips

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I had a galaxy note 5 given to me, it won't power on. appears the screen is cracked. there is a blue light on in the upper left corner, it does not flash it just stays on. How can I get this phone to power on? I have tried the hold down on volume down and power button. I have tried the up/down vol and power buttons together. I have tried the home and vol up buttons together, I'm at a loss. Can you help?

Im having the exact same issue now. Did you figure anything out?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Andrew Liem

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
THANK YOU! this afternoon my note 5 suddenly turns off by itself, never dropped it, never spilled water on to it, it was just fine a few minutes before, then just suddenly shuts down and wont turn on, and pressing volume down+power+home actually worked for me, again thank you guys!

ironmanllew

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

Yes, this worked. I pressed volume down, power, and home and held it for a few seconds and it finally came on. First a weird screen came on that said something about a custom os. I just hit "cancel" which was the power down button and then my phone started turning on again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois