Anyone else wish they had bought the s6 edge plus instead?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I like the spen but I don't use it much. I'm not really a note taking kind of guy. The spen has come in handy though. I mostly use it to make bomb snapchats lol.

For the first time today I looked at the s6 edge+ (God that's a mouthful). It was really nice. It seemed like it had a better build than the s6 edge but I'm probably wrong. It just felt more solid. And the amoled infinity pool screen was glorious.

Does anyone here have both the note 5 and s6 edge plus? Do you wish you had picked the s6 edge plus over the note5? I kind of do.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I have both devices in my household and I would have to say that they're both very attractive in their own way. Comfort wise, the N5 is a lot better because of the contoured edges on the back. It feels more natural in your hand, especially while using the S-Pen. I know a handful of people who purchased the N5 and stated that they hardly ever use the S-Pen like yourself. In that case, you guys probably would have been alot happier getting the S6 edge+. You would have the fancy edged glass on both sides to enjoy as well as a slightly thinner phone. But then there is that niche group of people including myself that use the S-Pen to the fullest. I've always been the type who carries a pen and a pocket notebook on their person everyday (even though I have the N5 I still EDC a pen and pocket notebook). So the N5 benefits me quite a bit since I'm already obsessed with note taking and writing. To be honest, there probably hasn't been a day where I didn't use the S-Pen at least a couple times.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have both devices in my household and I would have to say that they're both very attractive in their own way. Comfort wise, the N5 is a lot better because of the contoured edges on the back. It feels more natural in your hand, especially while using the S-Pen. I know a handful of people who purchased the N5 and stated that they hardly ever use the S-Pen like yourself. In that case, you guys probably would have been alot happier getting the S6 edge+. You would have the fancy edged glass on both sides to enjoy as well as a slightly thinner phone. But then there is that niche group of people including myself that use the S-Pen to the fullest. I've always been the type who carries a pen and a pocket notebook on their person everyday (even though I have the N5 I still EDC a pen and pocket notebook). So the N5 benefits me quite a bit since I'm already obsessed with note taking and writing. To be honest, there probably hasn't been a day where I didn't use the S-Pen at least a couple times.

Yeah I didn't think about it at the time. I had the s6 edge and didn't like it because the curves made the decent sized screen seem tiny. So I got the note every year like I always do instead of the edge plus. But after playing with one today it seems like it makes better use of the edge and like they don't distort as badly.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Just bought a note 5.. Haven't picked it up yet but I did have an edge plus and the battery life was terrible

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking of getting a phone other than note a few times now. I don't use the s pen that much, but when I do, I would have broken someone if the feature was not there. Meaning that it has made my life a lot easier a number of times. From taking convenient notes on the spot to copying text that would not want to be selected unless it was with the s pen.

I would love to get the edge plus because it does look very nice imo, but then I think about life without the s pen. I then become thankful that I have the s pen lol.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't really see the benefit of the curved glass over the s-pen.For me personally, the s-pen is where its at. I use it constantly. I had the Note Edge last year and it felt awkward to hold. The Note 5 is just a perfect smartphone in my opinion. It can't be replaced.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my note 5 I was kind of envious of my coworker's s6 edge. After I played with it though that envy went away.i mostly liked how it looked, but then the edge threw me off. It's a nice phone though.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I looked at the edge+ didn't really see a lot of use for the edged screen.

Seems a bit gimmicky to me!