How to remove charging locked screen?

ninnjinn

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
When I turn on my screen while charging I have to swipe or hit the home button a second time to get to my original locked screen. To me is extremely annoying. How do I remove it? Pic attached of the screen I am trying to disable while charging

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 617.jpg
    617.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 265

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you download an app called Power Clean, it comes with its own charging lock screen similar to what you are describing.

hnassry

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
When I turn on my screen while charging I have to swipe or hit the home button a second time to get to my original locked screen. To me is extremely annoying. How do I remove it? Pic attached of the screen I am trying to disable while charging

I think you're using an application called CM Security.
It has its own "Charging Screen" and you can disable it from settings.
Hope this will help.

misslauryl

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue...I looked for cm security in my apps, although if it's a downloadable app, I don't think I've ever downloaded it. I don't think I downloaded anything new before I started getting the screen, although some of my apps might have updated. Is there anything else I can try.

misslauryl

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
It seems like there may be a few different apps causing an issue like this...in my case apparently it was touchpal...at least it looks like it's fixed since I uninstalled it.

Dynamodaveb

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue on my LG G Stylus but the screen looks slightly different. I hadn't installed any apps recently and after running stopbadapp and removing the 2 apps that were listed as bad the problem did not go away. Here is the screen I get.

Screenshot_2016-05-14-17-40-35.png

Since originally posting this I upgraded to Marshmallow and the problem went away. Then when I opened App2SD app a popup asked me if I wanted to try that lock screen. I answered no and immediately uninstalled the app since it didn't do anything I couldn't do thru settings and
only told me which apps could be moved.

Last edited:

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
These look like the third party "charging" assistant apps like app2sd or a couple of the file explorer apps. Of which you don't need either with Marshmallow so get rid of them. They only bug up your phone and bogg down your hardware.

Ondaemonwings

May 18, 2016
Visit site
I found a spreadsheet which starts to list apps that do this. It helped me figure out which of the apps on my phone caused this problem (likely an automatic update to an old app rather than a new install).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QWo-Ijs30uag/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1218206578

For due credit, I discovered it from Hey Google, Please Deal With The Explosion Of Lock Screen Adware In The Play Store

Thanks for this. Removed my photo editor and it went away. Saved me a lot of searching.

Shumskio

May 24, 2016
Visit site
On my device the Charging lock screen was caused from the app ( Photo Editor PRO )
I uninstalled it and now i don't have that annoying lock screen.

juranti

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Had a similar experience but hadn't downloaded anything recently. When I got the new screen, clicked on the upper right and unchecked the lock screen box. Back to normal for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers