Notification bar won't pull down

kaytedawg

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
After much consideration, I got the note 5. It really is frickin beautiful and smooth running and battery life is great and I never need to pull the battery to reset my phone because it's so frozen I can't turn it off.... it's a great device and I've basically been in love with it from day one... but

It's been a few months now and at random, the notification/settings bar won't pull down. I'm looking for non factory reset solutions.

I haven't downloaded any new aps lately, but maybe I was messing around in the settings... but idk what settings might interfere here. Ive scoured through repeatedly. Idk what I'm missing.

I was having a ton of notifications popping up, so I just keep turning different ones off one at a time. I really only need my email and texts anyway... idk why every damn thing thinks it needs to notify me...

It's spontaneous or happens more so after its been unused for a while, such as when I first wake up, when there's usually the most notifications to be seen.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You could try switching some app notifications off from your general settings or inside each specific app. See if limiting the number of notifications fixes the problem. Also, there are some reports of CM Security causing some problems with the status bar. If you have this app installed try to disable or uninstall it and see if the problem persists.

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's the digitizer? Next time the problem occurs, try opening an app that puts the phone into landscape mode (so that the notification bar is technically on the left or right edge of the screen) and see if you're able to pull it down.

Posted via the Android Central App

yazoowho

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Check to see if you have Daydream on. I had the same issue and took me forever but figured out it was Daydream. Not sure why but once I turned it off, this issue disappeared.

Bob Christman

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
FYI - I noticed that although I can't pull down the notification panel with my finger (still trying to find a solution) - I am able to access the shade by using the S-pen to pull down the shade. Temporary fix

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
In addition to the suggestions above, I would ask - do you have a screen protector or case with screen protector built in? I have seen issues where some screen protectors have caused odd behavior (if yes, can you remove and see if the problem continues).

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7