First Post - Case & S Pen Opinions please!

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Looking for opinions on cases in these different archetypes: Barely there (like iPhone 6 and etc leather cases), Folio (like the protection. Does the phone support auto on/off of screen by opening and closing?), Battery (is something like Mophie's option worthwhile vs another case and an external battery/charger thingy?).

Am I missing any good options?

S Pen: What do you find it most useful for?

Personally, I can't see where handwriting things will be a help. However, I really like how much it helps when logging into remote desktops. And of course large text area manipulation.

Thank you for reading :)

Sara Bravo

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered 5 different ones and only have the wallet type. I had the waterproof antibreakable on my note 3 and that worked really good, no fear if the phone drop or if rain

Sara Bravo

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
does your s pen keep coming out without noise when you selected to make sound if it happened? My phone charges really quick. The handwritting things like with the notes are good when you out and need to write something quick and you looked for a piece of paper and pen to get this quickly. Also the handwritting come handy when signing documents online or when faxing with your phone. Now with using your phone for business is an important feature when you use your phone to get paid.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There's a huge link on the stickies for cases
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=563365
I have an Affinity clear. Not my favorite, but not bad. Has some rubber parts on the back so it doesn't slide around on my lap or table. Has side raised grip holders, so it says in my hand. Cons: easily fingerprint magnet. Water got under the camera area onto the back. A few scratches, which are easy to see. Very shiny like glad and mirror effect. Using it until I decide on another one.

I got a Morphie with my phone, only had used it on my Neo2 watch. If you needed a spare battery, it will be helpful. I carry it around just in case. Any would work if you need one on occasion.

The spen is great for note taking. Quickly writing thoughts. Writing on PDFs. Screen shots of certain areas are faster then doing a screen shot, and then going through an edit option just to choose a certain part (I love the quickness of doing this with an spen) and you can share it right away. Paying certain games, for me spider solitaire with the tiny cards and word search.

Chick out the Note 5 tips and tricks thread for more help including spen tips:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=570123

Posted via the *Note 5*

Last edited:

ember1205

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
This is my second phone with the Speck Candyshell Grip case and I really like it. Goes on easily, doesn't add too much bulk, does a great job of protecting the body of the phone, and it makes your grip on the phone very good.

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Currently, my two front runner cases are the tumi canvas backed case. And whichever out of the multitude of leather Folio wallet cases I narrow down on. The battery cases seem to add a large amount of bulk for the convenience of not pocketing/carrying an external battery. Do any of you know of a way to make doubletap on the phone wake it up? (like Motorola and oneplus phones). All in all. This phone coupled with a huwaie (or however, and how do you pronounce that anyway??) watch have been the tipping point in moving back to Android from iOS. I'm impressed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar