Note 5 Home Button Triggering By Itself After Dropped In Water

Hesham22

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
So I dropped my note 5 in water and pulled it back out instantly, the home button was triggering by itself so I couldn't turn it off instantly and managed to do it after a few hours of trying. I kept it in a bag of rice for 2 days to let the water and stuff go out and then turned it on again.. now the home button keeps on activating by itself, everything else is perfect. When I took it to the customer service place of Samsung(Saudi Arabia) they took it for a day and returned it the next day saying the motherboard is destroyed and needs a replacement but I don't think so since everything else is perfect except for the home button.. Now I found an app called button saviour with which i can activate the home button if I need to so I'm trying to find out if there is a way to completely disable the home button so it doesnt activate itself and then ill be using that app to activate home button.. and yes I will be able to wake the screen up or unlock the phone without the home button, power button still works.

Also I dont think the issue with the home button is a software problem, I factory resetted the phone and it still keeps on happening.

Please let me know if there is any other way to fix this! They said fixing the motherboard will take over 1000SAR but I think it's perfectly fine, just the home button.

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You dropped the phone in water that's the problem. There can be a lot of things that will slowly start to go wrong. The home button is definitely not a software issue but a hardware issue more than likely due to water exposure. Use the app for now but hopefully things don't start getting worse

Hesham22

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes I will use the app, problem is its triggering by itself which means I cant use the phone at all, whenever I turn it on it keeps on going to google now(the shortcut stuff idk how to disable it)..
I could use the app however if the home button was COMPLETELY not working.. thats what I want to do now, I hope things dont go wrong now. Than you for your reply!

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes I will use the app, problem is its triggering by itself which means I cant use the phone at all, whenever I turn it on it keeps on going to google now(the shortcut stuff idk how to disable it)..
I could use the app however if the home button was COMPLETELY not working.. thats what I want to do now, I hope things dont go wrong now. Than you for your reply!
You can try rooting it if you current aren't and install xposed and use one of of the many modules to enable nav bar and disable the home keys. I recall being able to do that with my note 3 and 4. Even on the s5. :)

Hesham22

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
You can try rooting it if you current aren't and install xposed and use one of of the many modules to enable nav bar and disable the home keys. I recall being able to do that with my note 3 and 4. Even on the s5. :)

Thanks for the answer, it's already rooted. You have any idea what can I do to disable it? Is there any tutorial?

iFebby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answer, it's already rooted. You have any idea what can I do to disable it? Is there any tutorial?
I don't currently have a rooted device to test anything out but have you tired the wanam xposed module? I believe I used that to enable nav bar and disable the hardware keys before

Hesham22

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I don't currently have a rooted device to test anything out but have you tired the wanam xposed module? I believe I used that to enable nav bar and disable the hardware keys before

I don't really understand but I will try google searching it once I get my phone back from my friend.. my friend took it to see if there will be anymore damages to the motherboard later on.. and fix some stuff on it, I trust him since he worked in mobile fixing shops for a long time.. let's see how it goes, if he can't fix it then I guess I'll try that! :D