FaceTime for Android?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the Note 5 and there is a FaceTime option, but I think it's only available between Samsung device. I have 2 sons in college one has an HTC and the other has an S5, I can FaceTime with my son who has S5. Feature is not available on HTC.

Posted via the Android Central App

What's the name of this app?

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

It is not a seperate app. It is included 8n the phone app. If you have a video capabale phone like the Samsung S6 or a Note 5 then you can place video calls provided the other person has a phone with video calling.
As for apps that let you place video calls there is Hangouts, Tango, Voovoo, Skype and several others. The problem is the other person need to have the same app.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It is not a seperate app. It is included 8n the phone app. If you have a video capabale phone like the Samsung S6 or a Note 5 then you can place video calls provided the other person has a phone with video calling.
As for apps that let you place video calls there is Hangouts, Tango, Voovoo, Skype and several others. The problem is the other person need to have the same app.

Whatever it is, it's not FaceTime. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did it came on android 6.0 and that was my default software.

Welcome to Android Central! FaceTime is an Apple app, and Apple doesn't make that app for Android devices. If it's some kind of video calling app, then it might be Google Duo. Or you might be referring to the video calling feature that some carriers offer with VoLTE (Voice over LTE). Or it might be FaceTune, which is a selfie photo editor (and judging by your avatar, I'm thinking that this is what you mean).

marcel sobolewski

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Note with Skype and Hangouts, the person you call would also have to have those services installed and setup on their devices.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

I just got a Samsung a5 2017 and it has this app called duo seems to do only video calling.