DCMProvider/Android System killing battery

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I got a new Note 5 in November. It is running stock 5.1.1. The carrier is Verizon

Normally, I've been getting between 15 and 20 hours on a full charge. Today I was shocked to see it power off with a completely depleted battery after 6 hours. After I charged the battery a bit and rebooted I see that DCMProvider had consumed 33% of the battery and Android System had consumed 24%. It is obvious what Android System is but what is DCMProvider? I haven't had any luck finding out what it does.

Thanks,
Johnie

Hauss316

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Android system is also killing my battery life as well. I've be bloated most stuff and I just watch the battery percentage drop....

zcherub

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This has been an android problem across MANY devices. In the past, clearing the cache and rebooting as temporarily helped some. Good luck.

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
you could use this debloater tool for PC, very easy to use
V3.90 Debloater(Lets remove all that carrier… | Android Development and Hacking
or for a small amount of money, you can block and manage blocked apps from the phone itself
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...olice.packagedisablerpro&hl=ro&token=5DFtXFlV

THEY DON'T REQUIRE ROOT, but you have to be careful of what you disable/block :)

i've used the debloater on my S6 and disabled 300 of 700 services i don't use (LOL), DCM provider being one of them, the phone sleeps like a baby :)

also,you could take a look at this thread to see what other users blocked on their devices
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/general/safe-to-debloat-s6-threads-t3090383

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to find anything about DCMProvider, but from what I can gather, it has to do with wi-fi. I found this little nugget in a firmware FAQ from Actiontec, which makes Screenbeam, a wireless display:

(Q) What is DCM?
(A) DCM stands for Different Channel Mode. DCM is a function of the wireless network adapter and its driver. It enables the system's wireless adapter to simultaneously operate multiple connections on different wireless channels, and supports applications such as Wi-Fi infrastructure and Wi-Fi Direct.

However, this doesn't mean that I know for sure why DCM Provider is stopping. I'd suggest a cache partition wipe to start with, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27659

AndreaNocco

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I solved the problem guy!!!!!!!!

After rebooting, cancelled the cache and so on, stopped dcm provider and formatting, I found the problem!!!!

It´s an error on the download boost function. You need only to disable this function. It works for me. My battery is safe!!!!!!!! And I hope it works for you too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2