How can I connect my Galaxy Note 5 to my HDTV (non Smart)?

A

AC Question

I DON'T have internet/ Wi-Fi at home, I was using my Galaxy S4 via MHL adapter before I upgraded to the Note, I know (NOW) the MHL adapter is not supported for the Note 5 I just want to be able to mirror Netflix from my Note 5 to my Tv WITHOUT any internet/Wi-Fi connection

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Your best option is a Miracle device. Roku has a few options considering price and features. The lowest priced option may work best since you don't have WiFi. There are other options available, so don't limit yourself to Roku.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Amazon firestick. It works great. You need wifi only for the inital setup, after that you just use the mirroring option. It works great in my 18 wheeler for movies.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried it with the note 5 yet, but I've tested the Microsoft wireless display adapter with my z5c. It has some stuttering while streaming Netflix (mostly seemed to correlate with a lot of on-screen movement), but I'm not sure if it was the network or phone. My data connection at home is less than ideal and I suspect using Wi-Fi would mean the phone's wifi is effectively cut in half as it's acting like a repeater. It worked really well with my laptop though, but I was just mirroring screen, not trying to stream a movie. But it mostly worked. My intent here is to stream through my unlimited data rather than use up my tethering when I'm somewhere I don't have access to internet.

Posted via the Android Central App

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Download imediashare and if u have an apple tv u can stream there or to an xbox. I havent figured it out how to do it with a ps4 yet ( dont have one)

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Amazon firestick. It works great. You need wifi only for the inital setup, after that you just use the mirroring option. It works great in my 18 wheeler for movies.

I just got an Amazon Firestick & where on the Note 5 can you enable mirroring? I looked a couple times & haven't seen the setting.

I was able to mirror with my Note tablet and would like to be able to mirror with my Note 5.

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I just got an Amazon Firestick & where on the Note 5 can you enable mirroring? I looked a couple times & haven't seen the setting.

I was able to mirror with my Note tablet and would like to be able to mirror with my Note 5.

Attachments

• 6069.jpg
    6069.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 137

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Allshare dongle needs NO external wifi, it mirrors your screen and creates an internal wifi connection between your phone and TV. I use it every night to watch Hulu and Netflix. About $50 on Amazon. Worth every penny. I have unlimited data with Sprint so it works great for me although I have a Chromecast too, I have metered home OTA Internet, so the AllCast works best for me.

kobudo

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

So you can stream, say, Netflix using the phones data while it's connected to the fire stick?

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
So you can stream, say, Netflix using the phones data while it's connected to the fire stick?
Thats correct. I use it in my 18 wheeler when on the road. I stream netfliz, hulu, vudu, and amazon prime on my phone. I'm using my data on my phone. (I'm on sprint so I have unlimited data) I plug my phone into my charger, and I activate screen mirroring on the firestick thru the display options. On my phone, I goto the notifications tab and activate Smart Sharing(thats on MM. On LP the toggle was called Screen Mirroring). I then choose my firestick to mirror to. Now, everything I see on my phone, I can now see and hear on my TV with no WiFi needed.

Of course I take it one step further. I also stream my audio by bluetooth to the truck's stereo to make it sound better than just the TV.

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I thought of getting the Fire Stick, but my understanding was Google Play movies and TV shows won't play on it. Is that true? I have several because I can download and watch offline.

I just went with a Blu ray player with screen mirroring. I didn't have a Blu ray player, so it worked out for me. If the Fire Stick works with Google Play, that's great to know, just in case ;) .

Posted via the *Note 5*

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I thought of getting the Fire Stick, but my understanding was Google Play movies and TV shows won't play on it. Is that true? I have several because I can download and watch offline.

I just went with a Blu ray player with screen mirroring. I didn't have a Blu ray player, so it worked out for me. If the Fire Stick works with Google Play, that's great to know, just in case ;) .

Posted via the *Note 5*
I cant say for sure as I dont use google movies. But I dont know why it wouldnt. Its just mirroring your phone screen. Every app Ive used has mirrored just fine. I even mirrored angry birds lol

If you can mirror to the blu ray player with play movies, then you would be able to do the same with the firestick. They operate on the same channel.

kobudo

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Lol I was really hoping you would reply to this, since I'm in the same boat. Taking my 30 at a Pilot in Effingham, IL in my big blue Kenworth right now. Thank you!!! 🙂

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I really would appreciate a reference to a specific Allshare dongle compatible with the Note 5. All products I have researched are limited to the Note 2 thru 4.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I really would appreciate a reference to a specific Allshare dongle compatible with the Note 5. All products I have researched are limited to the Note 2 thru 4.
It IS compatible with the Note 5, I have it and use it everyday. The description on Amazon hasn't been updated since the Note 5, but it DOES work with the Note 3, 4, and 5 because I use it will all of them.

Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089VO7M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5156471

Alanis0811

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Can you set it up in one location that has wifi and then use the firestick in a different location without wifi?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech