How do you share video?

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
How do you share vide

What apps and/or programs do you use to share videos? I've worked a lot with pictures, but am new to videos and am finding sharing to be a real problem due to file size. Right now I'm trying "WeTransfer", but the upload is painfully slow (this is on my computer, not my phone)!! Please tell me there's a faster, easier option. lol

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do you share vide

YouTube,, love taking videos in full HD and having people see them that way.. You can have them private also.

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do you share vide

Thank you all for your responses.

Can other people download videos if I upload them to YouTube?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I've been struggling with this question as well. I've usually went the YouTube route, but my iPhone friends seem to have zero issues sending vids. Granted, they may not be the highest quality, but is that the answer to being able to send mms video? Record at a lower quality?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been struggling with this question as well. I've usually went the YouTube route, but my iPhone friends seem to have zero issues sending vids. Granted, they may not be the highest quality, but is that the answer to being able to send mms video? Record at a lower quality?

Most iPhone users are using iMessage, which sends all text and mms through data. IMessage, in most cases, will compress the video but to a point of decent quality. Whereas sending through other means gets drastically compressed by the network providers (unless using a third party service such as Hangouts, whatsapp, etc).

Your best bet is to share video via YouTube, Google Drive, or other file-sharing service to maintain quality.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Most iPhone users are using iMessage, which sends all text and mms through data. IMessage, in most cases, will compress the video but to a point of decent quality. Whereas sending through other means gets drastically compressed by the network providers (unless using a third party service such as Hangouts, whatsapp, etc).

Your best bet is to share video via YouTube, Google Drive, or other file-sharing service to maintain quality.

This is why I hope the US carriers get moving with RCS messaging. T-Mo is leading the way, AT&T barely dipped their toe in the pond, and Google purchased Jibe to help speed along the process. Once RCS is up and running you'll be able to send high quality pics and video via SMS/MMS pretty much the way iMessage can already do between iPhones. Right now the carriers place very strict limits on what you can send via SMS/MMS. That's why your pics are heavily compressed, you can't even send some gifs, and video is compressed to such a poor quality why even bother. Again, please hurry with RCS messaging!

ellenn

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
what if i'm not concerned about the quality as much, and just want to have my videos automatically compressed so that I can share them via text. is there a setting on the S6 to auto compress, or any other easy way to have it do that automatically?

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
what if i'm not concerned about the quality as much, and just want to have my videos automatically compressed so that I can share them via text. is there a setting on the S6 to auto compress, or any other easy way to have it do that automatically?

There should be a camera setting that says "limit for MMS."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes