Need OTG Cable Recommendation to connect USB Flash Drives

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I thought this would be simple but when I searched for OTG Cable most results are not for the Note 5 Phone.
I need an OTG cable so that I can attach usb thumb drives to my Galaxy Note 5.

Does anyone know of a good inexpensive cable that will also work with the phone in a case? I have seen some reports that some vendors cables will not fit if the phone is in a case. We have a Tech21 EVO Tactical case. I assume that file managemend software is all I need once I get the cable.

Thank You

Chris J L

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi I purchased these:

Robot Check I like this for the multi port functionality, the USB 3.0 Transfer speeds, the SD card slot and the price.

Robot Check ( this is just sd support, I think you are looking for something that will read a Thumb Drive which is the one above)

Aby_Cat

May 25, 2013
Visit site
A better solution is the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick. You load the SanDisk app on your phone and then you can connect wirelessly with the stick. You can move files back and forth and you can also stream music and videos from the stick.

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello ALL:

Will these work if my Note 5 is in a case? It looks like the mini usb end is in a molded surrounding and hope it is still small enough to be fully inserted into the phone with the case. I also assume my Galaxy Note 5 (and Galaxy Tab S2) are USB 2 but the USB 3 cable should be backwards comparable.

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought this and it fits a micro SD card as well as USB drives. You do need to push it in a bit for the phone with a case to recognize it, but it works. I have a clear Affinity Poetic case.
Posted via the *Note 5*
Thanks for your reply. I like it; it's versatile without being too big. I wonder though, most of the OTGs say they are USB 2.0 even though 3.0 is out. This one says it supports 2.0 or above. Does that mean if your phone is 3.0 compatible the data will transfer at 3.0 speeds? Does anyone even know if the Note 5 is 2.0 or 3.0 compatible?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz