Trusted places and Smart lock stopped working, is anyone else having this problem?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Trusted places and Smart lock stopped working

Trusted Places hasn't been working for me the past month or so. I have my home address set as a location. Went on a trip late last year, and upon return home the swipe screen to unlock hasn't appeared as an option. I've confirmed that in Settings\Lock screen and security\Secure lock settings\Smart Lock that "Trusted places" is enabled and set to use my home address. Prior to the trip I recall that the feature worked consistently and well.

Anyone else had or have this problem?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trusted places and Smart lock stopped working

I can set this up on mine and see if I have issues. I use Tasker to lock/unlock my phone based on my connection to WiFi.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Did you happen to change your location settings from high accuracy to a less accurate setting while you were abroad? If so, you're location while at home may not actually show you "at home"

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I use home and gear 2 to unlock. Both usually work but inexplicably they simply do not. Once I unlock they usually start working again. No predicting when it will happen.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Did you happen to change your location settings from high accuracy to a less accurate setting while you were abroad? If so, you're location while at home may not actually show you "at home"

Not that I can recall, but that's a good thought. Settings\Location\Location method is currently "GPS only".

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I use home and gear 2 to unlock. Both usually work but inexplicably they simply do not. Once I unlock they usually start working again. No predicting when it will happen.

That is strange, and about what I've started to experience. Was working fine for months, but so far this year it has not.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I had no issues with the Smart lock feature, but I reverted back to my Tasker set up before I went to sleep last night.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Not that I can recall, but that's a good thought. Settings\Location\Location method is currently "GPS only".

That's the least accurate of the choices. I'd bet that if you open Maps, it doesn't even show you in your house.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

In my case the gear 2 alone should keep me unlocked. I use the setting that uses internet and gps.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

That's the least accurate of the choices. I'd bet that if you open Maps, it doesn't even show you in your house.

Maps does show me in the house, but I will try deleting my home location and add it back after a phone restart. That might help "awaken" the feature again.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Maps does show me in the house, but I will try deleting my home location and add it back after a phone restart. That might help "awaken" the feature again.
I tried that. Sporadically still have the problem. It had no effect. I have also turned it on and off and cleared cache. No effect. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463