I have received the beta for marshmallow (AT&T)

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Has RAM management (multitasking) improved? I know the Note 5 on Lollipop had rather poor RAM management compared to some of its competitors.

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have received the beta for marshmallow

After completing a round of Android 6.0 Marshmallow betas in South Korea and the UK for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S66 Edge, the company is now heading State-side and doing the same for those with AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Can you elaborate on how the beta process worked? You said you got an email with an APK in it first. Was this something from Samsung, or at least a Samsung app? Did the update come OTA? Im just curious how it all went down, and of course wondered if any nefarious people were able to bypass the invite and get the beta. Im in no way suggestion you do that, just curious how far they went to protect that.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I just need to know if the WiFi bug is fixed. Leaving WiFi on at night causes the battery to drain if it's off the charger

What variant do you have? I don't have this issue on AT&T.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hassan272

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I too have tested the Marshmallow 6.0.1 beta firmware. The performance has improved significantly, along with the UI design. I've tested the new features too, they're all pretty great.
The thing is, however, I've been plagued with poor battery life when on standby ever since I updated; Android OS rapidly drains the battery. In 6.5 hours, I dropped from 100% to 65% with nothing on but WiFi, whereas I would previously go down from 100% to 99-98% on Lollipop with the exact same settings. Downgraded to Lollipop straight away, very disappointed.

Posted via the Android Central App

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
It's not about whether it's "smooth" or not. It's about whether or not it refreshes apps that you sent to the background every time you multitask back to them. Do you know how to properly test that? That's what people want to know more than anything.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It's not about whether it's "smooth" or not. It's about whether or not it refreshes apps that you sent to the background every time you multitask back to them. Do you know how to properly test that? That's what people want to know more than anything.

May be what you want to know more than anything....... I'm more interested in knowing if battery life is improved. No apps refresh if your battery is dead.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
May be what you want to know more than anything....... I'm more interested in knowing if battery life is improved. No apps refresh if your battery is dead.

Funny. I find battery life to be fine. Maybe you should uninstall Facebook. The RAM management issue is much more severe and widely documented.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Funny. I find battery life to be fine. Maybe you should uninstall Facebook. The RAM management issue is much more severe and widely documented.

My battery life is good, but many others have issues that have also been well documented. In fact there's a lengthy thread here with many complaints.
A quick look at the first page of the Note 5 Reddit sub even shows 6 battery related threads, and not a single one about ram management.

Also, I don't even have a Facebook account, but thanks for assuming to know what's best for everyone.

rotroman

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site

I got the beta too for AT&T, signed up for it a couple months ago. Performance is great and battery seems to be better, but it's been less than 24 hours. All the little touches are great, like being able to turn off the annoying sound when connecting the charger and being able to dismiss the "Wi-Fi connected" notification.
View attachment 215379

Where does one "sign up" for something like this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech