Samsung protection plus or Squaretrade to protect my Note 5?

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone give me an idea of which is better, Samsung Protection plus or Squaretrade to protect my phone? If you have one or the other I'd like to hear feedback to compare. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I am also curious about this. Switched to T-Mobile 2 months ago and didn't get any insurance because I'm typically really good about taking care of my phone, but now I'm nervous that something will happen and I'll get screwed.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I will have to say that I am really impressed with Square Trade, my wife accidentally put her s6 edge through the washing machine. I filled out a claim online around 5:10PM on a Friday, paid a $65.00 deductible and we had a replacement phone on Saturday, the next day, before noon. I know that they usually send you refurbished phones, but if the phone they sent was refurbished, I could not tell it. The experience was way better than any experience that I have had with AT&T or Best Buy on getting a phone replaced.

I have Square Trade on my Note 5 and my son's LG G4 and I will be using them again whenever it comes time for a new phone. Definitely cheaper and faster than AT&T or Best Buy, I don't know about the Samsung Protection Plus.

You usually have 30 days to get insurance on a phone if you don't get it at the time of purchase.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
To see if it's refurbished, dial ##786# and click view. Scroll down to see reconditioned status.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Sprint Note 5

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
To see if it's refurbished, dial ##786# and click view. Scroll down to see reconditioned status.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Sprint Note 5

Tried the code on S6 Edge, Note 5 and S5 and it did not work on any of them (all AT&T variants).

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I am also curious about this. Switched to T-Mobile 2 months ago and didn't get any insurance because I'm typically really good about taking care of my phone, but now I'm nervous that something will happen and I'll get screwed.

If you bought the phone new from T-Mo, you can still get the Samsung Protection Plus upto 365 after you bought the phone.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Here are some of the terms of Samsung Protection Plus and SquareTrade (which is a little different than when we purchase in August):

Samsung Protection Plus
2 Year Plan
$99 or $129 depending on phone
Phone must be bought from an authorized retailer or wireless carrier
Plan can be bought within 365 after purchase of phone
Deductible is $79.99
2 replacements in 12 month period
Offered in USA only

Square Trade
1 Year Plan $69
2 Year Plan $119
3 Year Plan $139
Automatically renew after term, can cancel at anytime.
Plan must be bought within 30 days after purchase of phone
Can be bought on new phones
Can be bought on used phone if bought on eBay
Can switch from carrier insurance to SquareTrade at any time
Deductibe is $99.99
Can get a discount on multiple plans (don't know if still active)
Upto 3 replacement phones
Phone can be repaired locaclly or overnighted to be repaired by SquareTrade

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca